Going back to Dam after 25 years, looking for guidance.

mrfunk

Ok heading over to dam. ... Been a while.

As high THC weed has taken its toll on me..(30, years)...... Is it possible to get any "balanced" weed in dam...? Some with at least CBD in it.... ? Just can't stand this super strength shit nowadays, miss the old school hash ... Get so para on this new shit... Can't smoke Sativa, whatsoever...  

Also looking for original Northern Lights 

I welcome your guidance

Seen so many mixed reviews on coffeeshops, I'm looking for a really chilled give, nice tunes, no chavs ...

Thanks in anticipation

Funk x

Alright there @mrfunk

Hello and welcome to Uk420.

I would suggest you get some equipment together and put a small personal grow together, sounds like you have had your fair share of wanky weed, but that’s the thing with commercial growers/ cash croppers, they don’t care, especially the ones who don’t actually smoke.

That said tho when I went to Hampster jam a few years ago I thought it was proper wank, stupidly overpriced bud that had the trics all knocked off, there was some decent bud but it was dear, very disappointed I was. Nice place with pleasant locals who were very polite to me, sorry not much help I know but you’ll be glad when it’s done.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 1

It just sounds like you're buying shit weed @mrfunk

I started back on the herb almost ten years ago to the day. It was only when I sampled some herb that had been properly grown, and properly cured, that I realised what utter dog shit I'd been smoking before. Also, do you have tobacco in with it? I have not had tobacco in a joint for 10 years, it makes a difference, especially if you're using cigarette baccy. Its a massive hit of nicotine, which will make you throw a wobbler on its own. 

Most of the shit you can buy on the streets is likely chopped too soon, not cured, not flushed, or all of the above. Get a grow together, even if  its just an Autoflower. You can be filling up some jars in way less than 3 months time. I've just lit a nice joint of my cured Sweet Skunk Auto that I grew and chopped in the first week of January, what a fucking way to start a Sunday :D 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

there are a few coffeeshops in Amsterdam that use the business model of buying from small private growers that care about what they produce and not battering the crap out of  the herb before putting it on sale. that's the best you'll get and it is a case of finding which shops use that model (they do exist) and comparing the strains available for price and quality. 

YMMV have a good look before you buy and if it doesn't look good it probably won't be good. Trust your judgment. 

when Amsterdam was pretty much the only place to go it was allright but there are loads of options now and weed is just generally more freely available everywhere there days. Not like 20 or 30 years ago. Barcelona is so much nicer and the weed is about half the price of Amsterdam. warmer and cheaper there too. I'd go there all day long rather than Amsterdam unless the weather is 17-24 range then AMS is just heaven to ride around on a bike through the sun mottled cobbles of a canal side road. Stoned. On a haze. Not a care in the world. Just seeing where the bike road takes you. Wake up when you pass a fish stall and eat some cheap raw fish with onion and carry on. Barcelona is too hilly for that activity. Mind you Barcelona has a beach!

Anyhow I'd say explore the areas outside centrum. Less crowded and better quality available from the coffeeshops that service more locals than tourists in general.

• Like 3

I say ignore the naysayers, I had an 8 hr stopover in Amsterdam a couple of years ago and spent it wandering around the city centre coffee shops. I'd been twice before, in the late 90s.

Got thoroughly blasted on a couple of pre rolls, Greenhouse Thai and amnesia haze from somewhere else, forget where.

Regardless of whether it has gone downhill / become overly expensive it's still good fun to buy weed legally and sit smoking it while having a beer.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You can go to Amsterdam on the cheap. Even if some hash/bud is 10 euro a gram, its going to be top grade and last you.

Try to go were the Dutch go to. I like The Greenhouse near the canal. May be commercial but it stocks their own seed grown bud. 20 yrs ago, that company was a must try in the UK. Coffeeshop is nice enough.

The Grey Area is interesting, anyone who can find that place stoned is a walking GPS. (I found it wasted)

Plenty of cheap eats there. Chips with mayo after smoking a few joints of hash. Falafal or kebabs.

Just be prepared to walk and walk and then some.

Walk, eat, get stoned and repeat until your a red eyed walking dead extra on the way back to the airport.

• Like 1

Blueberry and Northern Lights go together, skunk and haze go together, Critical and Jack Herer go together, and Weed and Sex go together.  That's the thing I like most about that place.  A few beers, couple of spliffs and a blow job.  What's more - nobody gives a fuck, and all for the price of a Breville sandwich toaster.  Aah, those were the days.

Edited by JJJ

Does anybody have any recommendations for the best value hashish?

is it worth paying the extra or is it a tourist rip off thing?

cheers

• 1 month later...

@starling I spent a day last July wandering around the coffeeshops trying only hash. The best quality were those produced locally in Europe and are usually sold with a strain name (super silver haze hash in Bagheera was a good one at a good price). Conversely, the poorer ones were the "classics": red lab, afghan black, and so on. One exception to that was Moroccan hash which was universally good, with prices directly related to potency and softness.

Overall, I think hash is the best deal in Amsterdam.

• 5 months later...

I went last week for my annual day trip. First flight out of Gatwick and last flight home. Long day but I love it :) ... Also saves a tonne of cash on hotels and meals. 

To the op; you can get CBD flower in coffeeshopamsterdam - I’d suggest getting that and mixing it some indica strains until you adjust to their strength. If you get too stoned you can just smoke more CBD and it will calm you down. Drink coffee/ fresh juice/ mint tea and eat often. You will have great fun in this tranquil city. Talk to the bud tenders - they are generally helpful and nice. Ignore the moody ones!

I bought around 10 grams of different strains; dutch/ cali/ indica/ Sativa/ hybrid. Didn’t have any problems bringing the leftovers home in my jacket pocket. 

I can’t remember all of them but I remember my top 5;

1) Shiskaberry (Barneys/ Cali/ €19) - a stunning version of dj shorts blueberry - looks like ice gems and smells amazingly fruity / earthy - very strong indice stone, trippy and warm like a fur coat!

2) Skywalker OG (ThePlug/ Dutch/ €??) - ‘just’ a very very powerful indica!@¿! Can’t remember the smell or appearance because it was so strong. One for bedtime, luckily ThePlug was my penultimate stop. 

3) Mendo Breath (Bagheera/ Cali/ €24) - amazing purple hybrid, very uplifting with a herbal mint taste. Floated to the chip shop after that one. 

Happy hunting guys and gals!

• Like 1