PS4 external storage

Biltong Bob

Anyone know if a standard external hard-drive can be connected to the console to extend the storage?

My PS4 is only 500gb so I struggle to hold more than 3 or 4 decent games on there and it would really help if I could connect the old external hard-drive I have kicking round somewhere.

3 minutes ago, iBMe said:

Yeah should work mate.

Download Apex Legends on to it :yep:

A few online friends have recommended that mate, will do.

Been playing black ops 4 recently, it's bloody addictive!

I'm pretty sure you can only use the type of external storage which has it's own separate power supply, USB powered storage devices won't work iirc. :)   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, iBMe said:

Apex Legends  :yep:

Best game I've played in years, so addictive. lol  I'm level 42 with nearly 300 kills. :badass:     

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 2tb sata firecuda hybrid drive, put that in your ps4 its easy step by step guide online, will load slightly faster too and if you really want you could use the 500gb as external drive for other media. If you put music on it you have to save it as the correct file name else the ps4 wont read it. 

• Like 1