Medical compensation. Anyone ever claimed.

bearukc

@bearukc

good luck with your claim,don't ever feel bad I am sure those people who messed up didn't loose their sleep over you,maybe you can seek private treatment with the money .

I am not happy with my treatment either actually it starts at the GP surgery where I was told I am too young to have anything wrong with me,for last 5 years going doctors every 3-4 months for blood tests and it turnes out I had/have cancer (will be in remision in 2 years)

feels like they failed me and makes me thing how many more people they sent home with cancer ..........

• Like 2

Guest theokoles

@joba My mum had lung cancer, liver cancer, heart cancer, brain cancer and cancer in her spine, RIP mum..The Drs just kept throwing more pills at her for depression and pain, by the time it became too much for her after a few years on about 20 pills a day, she was rushed in an ambulance to A&E where she was promptly sent home and told she had pulled a muscle. The next day she went back to the docs who sent her back to hospital where they did a CAT scan and found all the above..She was given 3 months to live.

Just now, theokoles said:

@joba My mum had lung cancer, liver cancer, heart cancer, brain cancer and cancer in her spine, RIP mum..The Drs just kept throwing more pills at her for depression and pain, by the time it became too much for her after a few years on about 20 pills a day, she was rushed in an ambulance to A&E where she was promptly sent home and told she had pulled a muscle. The next day she went back to the docs who sent her back to hospital where they did a CAT scan and found all the above..She was given 3 months to live.

sorry to hear this theokoles

I was in similar situation with high blood pressure and lower back ache -2 out of 3 main sympthoms the last one is blood in your urine-that's when its too late to do anything about it....

To me it seems it's cheaper for NHS to pay out compo than to sent every suspective case for a scan....

Well I have enquired myself since this morning and waiting for a call-my motivation isn't money (even now when I am skinned no one cares bills just keep coming )but this :"you too young to have cancer" has to stop.

what about all those kids out there with cancer??

Rant over

• Like 1

I've had the 'you're too young' answer when I asked to be checked for prostate cancer. They also told me I was too old to have testicular cancer when my older brother had been diagnosed a few years before. They did no checks or blood tests. I had three visits to the GP before they decided my ulcer was a carcinoma. It should have been caught at stage 1 but it was more like stage 3 before I had the op.

It was the reaction of my two dogs that really told me something was seriously wrong. They would not leave me alone and kept jumping on my lap and fussing my mouth and whimpering. It's true that dogs can detect cancer!

@joba Sorry to hear of your situation and I hope you get some answers. A lawyer will tell you if you have a case. If it felt wrong, it probably was.

@theokoles It makes me angry the way peoples concerns are dismissed. I've lost several good friends to cancer in the last 5 years and many of them were diagnosed too late for effective treatment despite numerous trips to the GP. My condolences on the loss of your mum. RIP.

• Like 2

@bearukc

thanks mate,will see what they say and let you know

I think this cancer will have deeper implication on me than I realize now... so far if I was diagnosed earlier I woudnt need to loose 30% of my kidney (hate when people say,that's ok you can function with one etc-which to my reply is yeah you have two eyes,two bollocks -try to cut one out -you still  will have another one....)

Also I can see further employment affected by this,I know they can't discriminate but its hard to prove that you have been refused a job application because you mentioned cancer...I know for a fact if I now applied for visa to work in Australia or New Zeland they would say fuck off

Edited by joba
spelling

I never realised the far reaching effects of this treatment when I agreed to surgery. It has changed every aspect of my life in a negative way although, as I've said, I'm a resilient person with good support behind me. I'm not depressed or unhappy :)

I wouldn't have thought being a cancer survivor would stop you getting a job. I'd have imagined employers would be supportive. It take courage to fight cancer. I haven't tried getting health or travel insurance yet but I bet the premiums will be hiked up.

If I do get a few quid I might look at private treatment to see if things can be improved. I had private health insurance up to aged 25 as a perk of my fathers job and I can tell you that private treatment is another level to NHS.

I can't go to America because I've done time. I went about 10 years ago but they didn't let me in and sent me home on the next plane. I might be able to plead my case if something was available over there.

• Like 2

Guest theokoles

Hopefully @bearukc any compensation might include money for future treatment as well as pain and suffering, loss of employment prosepects etc. 

16 minutes ago, theokoles said:

Hopefully @bearukc any compensation might include money for future treatment as well as pain and suffering, loss of employment prosepects etc. 

after this bank holiday weekend and the election results which followed I am starting to think maybe better to claim  sooner than later-loooks like we heading for NO DEAL due to Brexit party pushing onto Conservatives.

With no deal there will not be NHS for very long

• Like 1

Guest theokoles

@joba If you need a good firm of solicitors, ones i trust implicitly give me a pm, they are quality and do medical negligence claims..a free chat with them you have nothing to lose.

16 minutes ago, theokoles said:

@joba If you need a good firm of solicitors, ones i trust implicitly give me a pm, they are quality and do medical negligence claims..a free chat with them you have nothing to lose.

Thanks mate. I'm pretty happy with the outfit I'm with.

8 minutes ago, theokoles said:

@bearukcSorry matey that last message was aimed at joba, your solicitor seems to be all over it :yep:

oh yeah. silly me!

I did have a call from one of these solicitor companies on my request,however didn't go ahead with a claim.

The main reason being I have ceased to have symptoms (mainly high blood pressure) last 2 years due to my use of illegal RSO -and doctor didn't know they were under the impression I have changed my diet and was better.....   obviously at that time I never mentioned oil or cannabis

and another one I realised was I have had different GP each time I went-it is one house,4 GPs but they come and go as it's part of a medical university programme.

most likely I woudn't have a case anyway and all those questions just started to make me angry (not the qustions but realisation what was happening)

@joba. It's actually quite difficult to prove a case. You have to prove they were negligent and then prove the negligence led to harm. In my case they admitted harm  following an investigation by the Royal College of Surgeons some months earlier. The alarm was raised by dental students sitting in on operations! I now need to attribute which harms were caused by them and which ones I would have suffered anyway because of the nature of my illness.

The solicitor is back from his holiday and sent a short email confirming the meeting on the 4th and he says they hope to find a 'suitable way of assessing the claims'. (He is working for one other person also harmed in a similar manner.) Really he just repeated what his assistant said but at least he can bung another 500 on the bill because he sent me an email!!

Just now, bearukc said:

@joba. It's actually quite difficult to prove a case. You have to prove they were negligent and then prove the negligence led to harm. In my case they admitted harm  following an investigation by the Royal College of Surgeons some months earlier. The alarm was raised by dental students sitting in on operations! I now need to attribute which harms were caused by them and which ones I would have suffered anyway because of the nature of my illness.

The solicitor is back from his holiday and sent a short email confirming the meeting on the 4th and he says they hope to find a 'suitable way of assessing the claims'. (He is working for one other person also harmed in a similar manner.) Really he just repeated what his assistant said but at least he can bung another 500 on the bill because he sent me an email!!

I am well aware of this fact in my case I wanted to make sure they will not brush off others like they tried with me-basically too young to have any serious health issues.

I have spoken to both of the GPs in my surgery about this hope they will take it on board.