DIY CBD oil

Absurdist

My family has been enjoying the benefits of CBD oil, but I am growing tired of paying through the nose for it.

So I'm planning to make my own. 

My first thought was to grow a nice tasty CBD strain, then I wondered if it might be cheaper to buy isolate instead?

If you make your own oil please share your methods and let me and others learn from your experience.

• Like 1

Just now, Absurdist said:

My family has been enjoying the benefits of CBD oil, but I am growing tired of paying through the nose for it.

My first thought was to grow a nice tasty CBD strain, then I wondered if it might be cheaper to buy isolate instead?

If you make your own oil please share your methods and let me and others learn from your experience.

You might want to tag along with me for a bit buddy, I've got a thread running atm learning how to make oil for the mrs..:yep:

Be interesting to swap catastrophes as we go...:russian:

lollol

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

I think CBD isolate has its uses, and it is legal.  However I do have big concerns that you do not get the entourage effect of all the cannabinoids present in the plant.  I think with medicine natural is best; and I would rate it -- 1) nice plants grown in sun; 2) nice plants grown indoor; 3) isolates made from nice plants.  Please note my sig:bong:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

Can you not buy it in bulk mate from source that's what most of the sellers are doing buying bulk from Europe putting in a fancy bottle and marking the price up

I know some folks  doing this,  with apparently their own crop.  Raw material is sent to yanks who process the material into "your own isolate".  I know they are growing it but doubt their batch is sent back to them as isolate.  I could be wrong.  Then they mix it with their own cold pressed oil.  I'm led to believe.

I'll take a walk around and ask some questions. And have a look.

• Like 2

There are different CBD oils available and the market is unregulated... this is a problem with labelling and quality, and yet another reason to grow / make your own.

The hemp seed oil with CBD isolate is one type.  You can also get full plant extract CBD rich oil (I like this term or FECO rather than full spectrum) from places in Holland or California.  For some reason you have to pay by bank transfer for these (prob cos its technically illegal - preparations contained THC).  I am sure FECO is much better.

All of them are marking up considerably, either planting seeds or buying powder.

For what it's worth, I had thought of growing some Dinamed or similar and making a tincture.

Does anyone do this?

The main user is my daughter, who suffers from anxiety in the evenings. A few drops of CBD oil and she stops worrying and goes to sleep. Might be placebo, but it doesn't matter because it works.

5 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

For what it's worth, I had thought of growing some Dinamed or similar and making a tincture.

Does anyone do this?

The main user is my daughter, who suffers from anxiety in the evenings. A few drops of CBD oil and she stops worrying and goes to sleep. Might be placebo, but it doesn't matter because it works.

Try it. 

The placebo effect is very strong indeed.  You say daughter... as in elder and she knows what it is, or younger and you give it to her?

Edited by elmer budd
clarity

1 hour ago, elmer budd said:

Try it. 

The placebo effect is very strong indeed.  You say daughter... as in elder and she knows what it is, or younger and you give it to her?

She's 10, and I tell her it's CBD  oil, but she knows nothing of cannabis yet. Hopefully.

7 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

but she knows nothing of cannabis yet. Hopefully.

Why hopefully?

This cropped up in a thread the other day:hippy:

large.IJAP-cover-1.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, elmer budd said:

Why hopefully?

Because I want to do that part of her education. Wouldn't like to think she was hitting bongs with her mates while at primary school!

I'm sure plenty folk have smoked that young  have without coming to any lasting harm but it seems way too early for my tastes.

2 hours ago, Absurdist said:

Because I want to do that part of her education. Wouldn't like to think she was hitting bongs with her mates while at primary school!

I'm sure plenty folk have smoked that young  have without coming to any lasting harm but it seems way too early for my tastes.

I agree too early for hitting bongs, but you if you educate her well at least if she does hit bongs it will be well grown organic cannabis, and street crap, spice or worse:bong:

I didn't start until 16 and badly grown high THC low CBD cannabis wasn't everywhere.

55 minutes ago, elmer budd said:

I didn't start until 16 and badly grown high THC low CBD cannabis wasn't everywhere.

I was 15 I think, silk cut and soap bar in an old man's wooden tobacco pipe - nobody could build a joint!

I'm more comfortable with the idea of my kids smoking weed at 15 (like I did) than drinking in pubs at 14 (like I did).