Anyone have a Nintendo switch

Joint hogger

the reason I'm looking for an opinion on the Nintendo switch is that I've been thinking about getting jr one, as the games are more aimed at kids

& I like that it can also be used as a portable games console too (albeit for about 2.5hrs) but I've been surprised with how much they cost (280 without a game)

but in fairness, the ps4 & xbox costs are similar.

anyway, can anyone who has one give me their opinion on it, ie did the kids like it, did the games hold their attention & are they still playing with it after having it for a while ?

thanks

I don't have any direct experience but I spoke to my grown-up daughter the other day and she was raving about hers saying it was way better than she'd expected when she bought it. 

I think it could depend on how old your kid is, and what consoles your kid's mates have. It's a great console with some superb games. But if all your kid's mates have a PS4 or an Xbox One then the Switch is a bit shit.

"Dad, you bought me the wrong console, all my mates at school are playing on their PS4/Xbox One, I've got the shit one." :sadwalk:

Sorry, not a good answer. Apologies.

The Switch is a superb console with a load of great games :) But it kinda depends on what everyone else has.

• Like 3

im lookin at buyin my kid a console for Christmas, and I looked at the Nintendo switch. along with ps4 and x boxes etc.

He seemed to rate it, but I just asked him out, what would you preffer, Nintendo  xbox or or ps4.

His answer= ps4, but he wasn't bothered about being portable. I dunno if that helps or not 

hes 8 btw

Edited by Owderb
Remove empty quote
  • Like 1

mine's just turned 6 & the only games he plays really is on my tablet as I prefer the pc, he's been freaking out with pacman & scobby doo  lol so this will be his first console.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joint hogger said:

mine's just turned 6 & the only games he plays really is on my tablet as I prefer the pc, he's been freaking out with pacman & scobby doo  lol so this will be his first console.

Then I think the Switch will be the best choice :)

• Like 2

cheers guys, think my mind is now made up, just got to consider what games to start with as zelda is a bit too much for him, was going to start with MarioKart8 :thumsup:

also consider getting either Donkey Kong or Mario world or what ever its called now lol

17 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

cheers guys, think my mind is now made up, just got to consider what games to start with as zelda is a bit too much for him, was going to start with MarioKart8 :thumsup:

also consider getting either Donkey Kong or Mario world or what ever its called now lol

Mate Nintendo as a whole make some great "all family games", so lots of the games where you could play along with him. Might be fun over xmas until you get bored of him beating you every time lol

I think its the better console for the younger generation (below 13 years old).

Mario Kart is a great start. 

Guest theokoles

Iv'e played a few games on the Switch, family and friends have one. It's a top allround family gaming console with shit hot graphics. Mario Karts alone is worth it, Arms is great fun too, even the tennis is good fun. If they had released mk8 delux with more racing tracks as oppose to more battle tracks id have bought it in a flash. But my wii u serves its purpose for karting and smash bros.

Switch is brilliant. Great for kids, and for old school (read out of touch) gamers too.

Mario, kart , Zelda, millions of Indies lke hollow knight etc

Splatoon2

Also free games like Fortnite et al

Somegreat games many exclusives, and they reckon they'll be supporting with software for years and years.

Nintendo.

I got my kids a PXP3, when they were 5ish. its a cheap knock off psp?, around £10. handheld, comes with 200 games,

They worked great till they left one on the sofa one day, and I sat on it, the other was lost and never found. lol 

I was well impressed with them at the time.