Which laptop should i buy

cannaboy_420

43 minutes ago, theokoles said:

@stoned_ape Plus one for Toshiba laptops, ive had 2 in the last 13 years. I was told back then that Toshiba were good for washing machines and feck all else..but my personal experience is they are the nuts. My Toshiba i5 is about 5 or 6 years old and i don't update anything and it never lets me down.

Nice one. :)

My one that I drag out every now and again is still going strong after around 7 years. 

Macbook or imac.... had 2 macs and currently got imac.. facebook marketplace. Paid £250 and its blinding. Wouldnt ever buy a windows machine again 

16 hours ago, The Red King said:

I would wait it out for black friday and get one then mate, usually theres some good deals in your budget.

main thing to look at in a laptop is the CPU. You should be looking for at least an Intel i3, or a Ryzen 3.. a good deal on a laptop with either of these would be about £350ish (depending on other specs). An Intel i5 or Ryzen 5 would be better (but maybe better than you need) and can still be had under £500. Dont be tempted to get one with a cheaper Intel Pentium or AMD A series as these really arent as good and even doing basic stuff it will be noticeably slower.

Hard Drives come in 2 different Types, SSD and HDD. Get one with an SSD, it will have a lower capacity than an equivalent priced HDD but your laptop will run alot better with an SSD.

Wait for the sales at the end of the month if you want to buy new, black Friday and cyber Monday. Red King is totally right here, i3+ CPU and an SSD is a MUST, you will notice a huge difference performance when using an SSD. I got a great deal in last years sales direct from Dell, really big drop in prices for a very decent spec'd laptop.

• Like 1

Thanks alot for your help guys I will get one on the black Friday deals and follow the red kings advice. Much appreciated thanks again 

• Like 1