cleaning mouldy bong

The Red King

I have a pretty nice bong that I have left in the garden for about 2 years,but now im trying to clean it for use and im struggling.

its a glass beaker type bong and the inside is coated with a greenish sticky film that i would guess is algae or something. Ive used bleach, fairy liquid and boiling water to clear almost all ofit but theres onesticky patch I just cant shift. Nothing can be used to scrub it because theres an ice catcher in the neck that stops me shoving a bog brush or something in.

any tips?

@Welsh Tom never thought of rock salt but that sounds good, need something abrasive to clean glass and that should work :) you have any idea where is best to get acetone mate?

@The Red King

Not sure if they are still in business, havent been back in the UK that long but i remember maplins used to sell some. You can use like cleaning alcohol too. Has a similar effect. 

@vortex baby bottle brush was my first thought but theres a knot in the metal at the end to hold it all together and that knot stops me from being able to get in the base, did a great job on the neck though :)

@Welsh Tom maplins are dead unfortunately, they were expensive in general but they had the odd decent offer and they sold stuff that nowhere else sells :( got some 100% Isopropyl Alcohol from an oil exoeriment so ill give that a try now... will grab some rocksalt tomorrow :)

Caustic soda - cheap as chips and there's not much it wont clean, it's what I use to clean my glass pipes all the time. Just take the necessary precautions :v:

Bury it in the garden for another year.  Carefuly dig it up and it will be clean after a rinse.  Oldest trick in the book

;)

• Like 5

Been really getting into the DC Cleaning Solution that literally lifts the gunk off glass, bongs, pipes etc, it's quite incredible and 100% natural.

Available at our friendly stockist @vapefiend

Edited by Ital

On 11/5/2018 at 4:29 PM, i11 said:

Caustic soda - cheap as chips and there's not much it wont clean, it's what I use to clean my glass pipes all the time. Just take the necessary precautions :v:

used this stuff for a 'chemistry project' a while back and ended up getting it all over my kitchen floor, literally melted holes in my feet lol i also squirted superglue in my eye once, some people cant be trusted with dangerous stuff and unfortunately im one of em :(

ISO got the job done in the end, blowing down the downstem into the liquid helped knock the scum from the glass 

• Like 2

When my younger brother was a kid he opened up a tub of caustic soda that my dad stupidly left on the seat in the car. He thought it was sugar and licked it. He never did it again lol I can't imagine which was harder for my parents - dealing with a child having a very burnt tongue, or trying to get him to drink vinegar to neutralize it :v:

Depending on the size of the bong ISO and a pipe cleaner/cotton bud usually help get the extra grime out ISO doesn't always clean the hardened crap off with slight elbow grease the pipe cleaner should really help