What Web Browser and Search Engine Do You Use ?

Boojum

I use a Windoze laptop with Firefox as my web browser (with the Noscript addon) and DuckDuckGo as my search engine (with the addon enabled in Firefox). Wondering what everyone else is using.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

I use Chrome/Google and try not to worry too much about it.

I got a VPN app which I use if I'm on mobile data but I only use that to bypass virgins stupid age restrictions.  

Coz despite being old enough to have the fucking contract in the first place they're refuse to unlock age restrictions without either a driving license or a passport. I don't drive and I don't travel so have neither. I very nearly cancelled the contract at first but the deals a good deal and the vpn app easily bypasses all there stupid restrictions... Ce le vie

• Like 4

Firefox + noscript means I don't get adverts. Some sites give the "Enable java script" message before you can see them, but you can temporarily enable scripts. Some sites don't load even if you temporararily enable everything, but they load if you use Microsoft Edge. Fuck those sites lol Why do you need me to disable all my script blockers and stuff ? Why can I only see the site with Edge ? Fuck you, I don't want to see your site anyway :nenenenene:

a variation of google chrome called iron .https permanent and lots stripped out ,for search engine duck duck go as a main ,academic search engine ,kgb people search engine for other things to do with people ..theres lots of search engines that search specific things that google wouldn`t even know about .

• Like 3

Folks using Google, give DuckDuckGo a try instead  :)

I changed to it cos I'm a bit paranoid about t'internet tracking me lol But it's IMHO a better search engine than Google, cos Google rates stuffs relevant to your search term and displays the results in order of who they get paid by, sites that pay them come higher in the search results. DuckDuckGo can kinda be more random, but it's cos the search terms are not rated by advertising and shit :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I use Netscape and either alta vista or ask jeeves

lol

AOL browser ftw. Works great with myspace. :yep:

Really though I use Firefox with uBlock and ghostery.

I mostly use ecosia to search, I think it just uses google but gives some ad money to charity.

lol My grandpa had a Nissan Sunny, this was mid-late 1970s, picked me up from primary school in it, I was mortified lollollol

E2A Though to be honest it was better than my dad picking me up in his Hillman Avenger :rofl:

Shit car, bouncy back seats, which is ace for kids lol 0-60 in about a week lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1