Good Omens trailer

Hiphip

1 hour ago, Mr blue said:

One of my favourite books, I really hope they don't fuck it up

Gaiman has been on-set a lot, he is making sure it will not disappoint fans of the book (in memory of Terry).

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 4

Michael Sheen isn't quite how I pictured Aziraphale, though David Tennant could make a good Crowley. My biggest concern having had a look at the cast is that it's got Jack fucking Whitehall in, can't stand the cunt :frown:

Loved the book, first time I heard of Gaiman, before discovering The Sandman :)

Edited by Boojum

Just to add, I thought a fairly decent job was made of series 1 of American Gods (nowhere near as good as the book, but it couldn't possibly be, but nowhere near as bad as I feared), but if anyone makes a movie or TV version of The Sandman (there have been many plans to make it) I'll hunt them down like dogs lol some things just should be left alone.

E2A Wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Neverwhere, though, this time with a decent budget.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

They have released more cast including Miranda Richardson as Madame Tracy, Michael McKean as Shadwell, Josie Lawrence as Agnes Nutter, Adria Arjona as Anathema with Whitehall is Private Pullsifer,

The opening csequence;

They have also released 3 of the 4, the antichrist and dog.

Edited by Hiphip
-s Change detail
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Neil Gaiman‏Verified account @neilhimself 47s47 seconds ago

Neil Gaiman Retweeted Richy Wilkes

I think it's as good a TV series as the book is as good as a book.

Not long to wait now :yep:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonderful casting throughout even Jack Whitehall lol , incredible set design, effects, awesome direction. What an amazing production of a fabulous book. 

This is how to do it. I think Neil Gaimon has made Terry's dream come true :notworthy:

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/10/2018 at 11:21 PM, Boojum said:

but if anyone makes a movie or TV version of The Sandman (there have been many plans to make it) I'll hunt them down like dogs lol some things just should be left alone.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/sandman-tv-series-netflix-neil-gaiman-1203257455/

‘Sandman’ TV Series Set at Netflix From Neil Gaiman, Allan Heinberg, David S. Goyer

sandman-cover.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1

A TV series based on the “The Sandman” comic books created by Neil Gaiman has officially been ordered to series at Netflix.

Allan Heinberg will write and serve as showrunner and executive producer on the series, with Gaiman and David S. Goyer also writing and executive producing. Gaiman, Heinberg and Goyer will co-write the first episode. Warner Bros. Television will produce, with the series receiving a 10-episode commitment.

“We’re thrilled to partner with the brilliant team that is Neil Gaiman, David S. Goyer and Allan Heinberg to finally bring Neil’s iconic comic book series, ‘The Sandman,’ to life onscreen,” said Channing Dungey, vice president of original series at Netflix. “From its rich characters and storylines to its intricately built-out worlds, we’re excited to create an epic original series that dives deep into this multi-layered universe beloved by fans around the world.”

“The Sandman” follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he mends the cosmic–and human–mistakes he’s made during his vast existence.

This marks the latest in a growing number of Gaiman’s works to be adapted for television. Starz recently ordered a third season of “American Gods,” while Amazon debuted the series adaptation of “Good Omens” last month. Meanwhile, “Lucifer” was revived by Netflix for a fourth season after Fox canceled it, though it was announced that the show’s upcoming fifth season will be its last.

Goyer repped by WME and Bloom Hergott. Gaiman is repped by CAA. Heinberg is repped by Hansen Jacobson.

There have been many attempts to adapt “Sandman” as a film, with Gaiman and Goyer having penned the most recent attempt. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was also attached to the film at one point, but he left the project due to creative differences.

Quick question folks: do you recommend reading the book first?

or does the series stand up on its own right??

if it's better to read the book first I'll order a copy today see

nice1 ta

• 6 months later...

BUMPETY BUMP BUMP.

If you've not yet had the joy of watching this then, BBC 2 tonight 9PM the first episode of Good Omens.

• Like 1