phone fuck up

*DJ*

Help us out, my daughter has deleted the file with over a 1000 pictures on it, anyone know how or even ify ou can recover the lost file? So fsr we cant ever find a recent deleted option? Its a S7 ?  Any one? We have tears and snot and allsorts lol 

Dj....

Edited by Owderb
Title spelling

I don't know owt about phones but a quick google for recover deleted photos S7 brings up a few pages and it seems that you DON'T want to take any new photos or video because that will overwrite the delete photos, but as long as you haven't done that you can get them back by clicking on android data recovery and then connecting the phone to a computer with a USB cable. Hope that helps :)

• Like 3

Is she not backed up to the cloud/Google drive??

Usually if you have a Gmail account linked to your phone the newer models automatically back up to your drive. 

My current phone doesn't even use onboard storage despite having 64g. 

Everything saves to Google photos and then backup to Gdrive automatically.

It used to be that you had to "tick the box" to allow backups. These days it's usually a case of ticking the box to stop it backing up as the default setting is to backup all files.

I think Dropbox is installed as standard on the Samsung S range though I could be wrong.  They may all be backed up in there as well.  

Likewise if she has insta/Snapchat/whattsapp she may well have copies stored in those galleries which won't have been deleted even if they have been deleted from the device itself.

All just my own experience, I ain't at all tech savvy but more learnt my lesson by having photos I didn't want turning up in some places turning up exactly there lol

• Like 2

Cost me €110 for a new screen monday so she could get her picturs off the fooking thing,. Shes just got round to it and boosh, gone llol

Dj....  

fraid to say it but when you get the phones screen replaced, the techs reset the phone so that the new screen works but all data is lost forever, its a major PITA & has happened to me at least three times with my S7.

As Dodgee said above - most likely all backed up to Google account. Just restore by following the instructions in settings/backup/restore.

Bio

6 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

fraid to say it but when you get the phones screen replaced, the techs reset the phone so that the new screen works but all data is lost forever, its a major PITA & has happened to me at least three times with my S7.

sorry but to me that just sounds wrong, like having to reinstall windows to replace a tft.  The display panel on a mobile shouldn't require the reload of an OS to complete, or calibrate.  Even if a change of settings was required it can be done in a non destructive manner from the phone's recovery menu.  I'd speak to who did the job, ask exactly what was done and why.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unity said:

sorry but to me that just sounds wrong, like having to reinstall windows to replace a tft.  The display panel on a mobile shouldn't require the reload of an OS to complete, or calibrate. 

Even if a change of settings was required it can be done in a non destructive manner from the phone's recovery menu.  I'd speak to who did the job, ask exactly what was done and why.  

it was the vodafone & samsung repair center.

6 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

it was the vodafone & samsung repair center.

That's really shitty service then mate, I'd be calling and complaining.  Unless they sent a disclaimer mail indicating any phone sent in would be wiped, which is still pretty crap service.