Marijuana, Creativity, Intellect

plasticdollman

I'm a writer. Amateur, trying hard, etc. I'm blessed and cursed as a full time carer, and this gives me time to put my thoughts to paper. I find that some of my greatest ideas come when I have dry vaped or taken some tea.

I'm wondering if the creativity is always there, or does the weed somehow enhance creativity. I sometimes liken weed to a friend I meet now and again who gives me great advice. I remember most of it, but forget a lot. When I partake, he comes back and gives me great ideas. Okay, I also laugh my ass off and sometimes get couch locked. But its all good.

Any thoughts anyone?

Oh, and please send me congrats. I am a newbie and growing my own. I have messed up horrendously, and my plants are crap. BUT I dry vaped a leaf a few days ago and FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER got high on my own work!

warm regards

All five of the psychedelics have an enormous impact on creativity 

Cannabis is probably the least effective which is mind blowing when you know how effective Cannabis can be for creative activities

Its been discussed before 

LSD (and it’s analogs) has probably the most effect on creativity hence the reason why multiple Nobel prizes have been awarded to people who said it was the acid that did it lol Francis Cricks with the DNA is the most famous but there are others

Thers plenty of research into this as well

So dude just drop acid lollol 

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 5

I agree with above actually. Weed has nothing on creativity compared to psychedelics imho. Weed can but not as much as a lot of people make out though imo. Trust me mate, if you want to find weed that boosts creativity, sativas are the key and it can take some finding to get the right one for you. I was never playing guitar at the time I was getting loads of kali mist from Germany, and I think that one would have been a good one to play and learn guitar with.

• Like 2

Magic mushrooms and martial arts are apparently a potent combo

Theee a load of info online about tapping into the chi lol

I read a story online which I can’t find now (I’m on a phone) about two karate masters who were equal and one couldn’t beat the other it was just equal match

Then one of them took some shrooms and the other guy couldn’t do a thing with him lol

i will try and find it again 

Moral of the story don’t fuk with a karate master especially one who’s tripping because he will fuk you up lol 

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 5

What is creativity? If creativity is combining memories your brain has made in novel ways, then something that will disrupt or align the memories differently will create this effect. If you have new stimulus, this means new memories, new connections but if you practice with your memory at bringing up certain orders of thought in regard to what you think or sense, then your "creativity" or the ability for your brain network to even want to create new pathways and combinations is stiflled somewhat, hence why you see people live the normal 9-5 lifestyle and generally stick at that.

Expectations of other peoples thoughts can also diminish creativity since how can you know and they know what to expect from something new and if people have trained their memory to generally want familiar ideas then they will most likely be reluctant or disinterested by new formations of ideas.

The fact that people have already created a library of memories in a sense, shuts off creativity thats why you find young people of the "next generation" who make the different, new ideas because their memory has not yet created pathways to follow so much and so are more malleable with the interpretation of old or new ideas.

But stay on topic of using chemistry to influence thought, would say cannabis has great effect on creation because it causes neuro genesis, the formation of new memories and this is why people say you get short term memory loss, its not because you lose your memory, its because its new and new things are harder to recall or remember because they are less connected to other parts of the brain. LSD on the other hand seems to make lots of different areas of the brain communicate with each other or i would say the memory network is more connected together and this gives people the feeling that they know and feel way more than usual, like they know everything all of a sudden because much more of their memories are active and in a way that isnt familiar, language processing seems to be put into the background because its too simple.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus
  • Like 1

Lots of the creative people and geniuses like inventors in the past claim to have had synaesthesia. Madness is what creates creativity mostly imho. Loads of people with mental illnesses can have amazing talent like it just comes naturally.

• Like 3

I think cannabis does a good job personally, but it is 100% strain dependent. Tryptamines certainly help the bigger picture, but in the moment, nothing really beats the right strain of cannabis IMO

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 4

I personally find something like my favourite oldtimes or the lively cut of ssh that I can get my hands on to make me creative. Heavier smokes often stifle my creativity when I'm sat in front of Reason.

• Like 1

i would normally agree with you 100% @monkeypig sats and pure sats can be really motivating or distracting .

i would also add that a lot of hybrids give me that energy in social enviro`s .

so im not sure i suppose its set and setting too , company plays a part too. dosage can be the deciding  factor too .

complex it is.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the beginning of my grow experience and the 3 grams I managed to squeeze out of my failed crop has still managed to provide insights I know would have been lost to me otherwise.

The biggest positive change that comes from my experience usually revolve around making improvements to my everyday life and my relationships with people around me. I see myself from another perspective, and sometimes the lens is pretty critical. The weed also enhances my creativity, and the other night my wife and I developed a fantastic concept for a novel when we'd been drinking the tea I brewed. A few days later, the idea still holds up.

Have a great week everyone.

warm regards

R

Edited by plasticdollman

I think walking with my dog and having a smoke reveals some profound thoughts for me, but they come and go and are hard to recall, but it`s still my favourite time to be stoned.

• Like 2