Bluetooth has just upped and left me

Evelyn Pickaxe

Windows hate.1

piece of Toshiba

Problem: Bluetooth has vanished from icons

Bluetooth icon has gone from the task bar.

Cant open bluetooth settings the blue page with a cog flashes up for a sec before just going to normal settings page

I have done everything I can think of. Googled hell out of it. Im not joining a pc forum.

Anyone here have any ideas?

Ive done driver re-installs to services tweaking and no joy.

What I think has happened is something is causing a conflict. I need to boot into clean windows or whatever it iss where there is like piss all running to you can work out what it is thats causing it. But looks like a massive ball ache. I might just order a bluetooth dongle thing. Shame tho. Tech again. I hate it. Nice to know when u buy a spade and leave it in the shed the next day its still a spade and it doesnt need updating or download a new handle.

annoying as balls it is.

• Like 1

Nobody hates computers more than the computer guy....

With that said, it's possible the Bluetooth hardware died. If you use it a lot it's very probable. Same thing happens with WiFi hardware on phones and computers. Get used a lot and dies. Best to just go get a USB dongle and be done with it. 

• Like 2

Are there any Bluetooth devices in *device manager? and if not any unknown devices?

You havnt pressed the bluetooth function key combo on your laptop by any chance and turned it off?

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 2

@iBMeIts there in devices but everything is shaed out, all drivers up to date. So odd. I haave been looking for that key myself mate. Sure there must be key for this!!!!

I reckon you might be right bro. Bluetooth harware gone pop.

Life has a sense of humour dont it, literally week after I buy a bluetooth speaker cos the jack plug is fucked.

@Redeyezman

Does it let you right click and uninstall device while shaded out? If you do that when you reboot windows should find the hardware again (if its working and not off via some toggle) on reboot and install the default drivers.

What model is the laptop pix?