Advice needed for travel to the Republic of Ireland

Ella_T

Hi 

I'm new to this forum and new to the world of cannabis use - having only very recently got involved as my 78 yr old dad has stage IV stomach cancer. My dad is taking both CBD and THC oil and is doing pretty well. We'd like to take him to the Republic of Ireland to see his sister but this presents problems with getting access to THC oil as I don't want to risk travelling with it in our possession (and I don't want him not to take the oil for a week).

Does anyone have any advice on what we could do?

Thanks, Ella

Yeah do not try and enter the country with your meds, be better to pay his sisters travel and have her stay with you.

• Like 1

Legally, don't do it.

In Ireland currently, cannabinoid products can be sold as a food additive. In most instances these are derived from the hemp plant, which is easily grown in the Irish climate.

How about you take one of the legal CBD oil bottles, empty it, put the THC stuff in there and just don't give it a second thought as you whisk through customs.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Fry said:

I would consider posting it across. Never had drugs go missing in the mail lol:)

:yinyang:

Hah, yea of course.  The amount of micro dots you can fit in a birthday card is amazing :D

Just now, Inspiration101 said:

Hah, yea of course.  The amount of micro dots you can fit in a birthday card is amazing :D

lol  I'm talking about small boxes tbh dude, not just birthday card size stuff :P

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Thanks very much for all your advice!! Posting sounds like the best option as my aunt has too many health problems to travel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Importing CBD oil into Ireland isn't a problem . Customs will be intrigued with the question, if you ring they'll tell you and probably take time to find out as they won't know and a little alarm bell will be ringing in their heads , but oddly,well not really , but their telephone operator will ask a few questions about your identity and location ,just be vague ! 

I take bud in my hand luggage every holiday, even to the likes of serbia & ukraine. Put it in your jeans pocket & walk on through :)

• Like 2