Airstill for RSO

yawning donkey

Hi, I`ve just done a test run with about 100 grams of good trim in 2l of 99.9% Isopropyl in my purpose bought airstill. I have about 20oz of Hindu Kush(pure Indica) to run for an RSO batch for my wife who has stage 3 throat cancer and wanted to reclaim the ISO. About 1.5l into the run, the seal on the lid started leaking. Quickly switched off I noticed that the seal has gone really floppy and expanded so that it now doesn`t fit. Has anybody else had this problem or have a solution if not it looks like I`m going to have to do it the old fashioned  way with a pyrex and hot plate - Meantime I`m going to finish the remainder on a heated stirplate to decarb it too.
Cheers

• Like 1

Hey bro, can’t offer a fix for your machine but would advise you to try making some infused hard boiled sweets for your wife. This way the meds can soak into the membrane of the throat. You can buy a candy making kit off eBay and find YouTube vids for learning the skills. Best of luck

• Like 1

Hey @yawning donkey

Check out my thread about how I made oil here:

It's not a still as such but a similar idea. It may be of some use. Also cost a fair bit less than the stills I saw at the time. 

However if I were making oil now I would make rosin (I have a 10 ton press and heat plates ready to go just in case.) Just remember to decarb either the plant material or the oil. A rosin press will not provide enough heat for long enough to fully decarb. 

Keep it green 

NezA 

Im sure when using the airstill to reclaim the iso it doesnt come back at 99% and comes back at a lower %