security cams

Bustin Jieber

ok, so my family think im some kind of expert cos i set up my own ip cams, i dont have much of a scooby other than following instructions, family member who wants cameras is not very computer literate so i was thinking a stand alone system would be better. anyone know any good ones?

Have Swann dealt with hacking vulnerability? CCTV cameras can be an easy way for hackers to enter your network.

• 7 months later...

Well ,I'd like to know which unit to buy ,because I'm bamboozled with choice but the Blink xt system looks good . I need something that'll work with no proper wifi . I just have the mobile and use hotspot ,so I'm limited but listen to music mostly and don't hammer the monthly limit . A friend got a doorbell with a camera ,much like a trail camera ,except you can see who's standing at the door ,from your phone ,and there's the option to talk to the postman ,or potential burglar god forbid !  You need to download the app conducive with the brand I think . A doorbell's no good to me anyway . I have a trail camera ,and it's nice sometimes when a bird lands close to the camera or fox sniffing around . With the new fangled things ,if a thief broke in ,broke the camera or power supply at least you'd know when it's happening and see the thief on your phone . Haven't settled on anything because the reviews always have some hiccups so I'm still reading them . There's another called Arlo and it's a bit more expensive and a similar unit to the blink xt . Surely there's some members here that have these cameras ? Any info appreciated . :skin_up:

On 21/06/2018 at 10:26 AM, grooving said:

Have Swann dealt with hacking vulnerability? CCTV cameras can be an easy way for hackers to enter your network.

If you don’t need remote access though you could have a closed system, no internet connection no hack! 

• 8 months later...
On 27/01/2019 at 8:28 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

Well ,I'd like to know which unit to buy ,because I'm bamboozled with choice but the Blink xt system looks good . I need something that'll work with no proper wifi . I just have the mobile and use hotspot ,so I'm limited but listen to music mostly and don't hammer the monthly limit . A friend got a doorbell with a camera ,much like a trail camera ,except you can see who's standing at the door ,from your phone ,and there's the option to talk to the postman ,or potential burglar god forbid !  You need to download the app conducive with the brand I think . A doorbell's no good to me anyway . I have a trail camera ,and it's nice sometimes when a bird lands close to the camera or fox sniffing around . With the new fangled things ,if a thief broke in ,broke the camera or power supply at least you'd know when it's happening and see the thief on your phone . Haven't settled on anything because the reviews always have some hiccups so I'm still reading them . There's another called Arlo and it's a bit more expensive and a similar unit to the blink xt . Surely there's some members here that have these cameras ? Any info appreciated . :skin_up:

dont need internet, you can run cameras on a private wifi hub.

• Like 1