Edibles and Dosing

stu914

I've never been one for edibles as once swallowed it's a ride on the skylark, like it or not you're on 'til the final stop........however......

The missis is really suffering, MS and osteoarthritis are combining to leave her stressed and depressed, not to mention in pain.

Although she has never tried cannabis, she's finally decided to give my canna infused coconut oil a try.......hallelujah!

I used 1ltr coconut oil, soya lecithin and about six oz assorted trim with a few buds.

This was mostly high TCH trim and was slow cooked for about 8 hours in a crockpot, low heat and returned about 3/4 ltr.

This is the first time I've made any sort of extract and have no clue where to start with dosing, so need a few pointers to get started please.

Many Thanks

stu:oldtoker:

• Like 1

Hello bud, you need to weigh the oil and divide it up, 6 oz = 168gs so you need to work out the ratio, I would aim to start with about 1/10th of a gram and work from there

• Like 3

I make a biscuit every night. Chuck some weed in blob of butter and add sugar and sr flour to make dough and bake at gas mark 5 until dark brown (decarbed at this colour) 

Start with 0.3g as a novice and work your way up until you get exactly the right high. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

I would aim to start with about 1/10th of a gram and work from there

Cheers buddy, that's exactly what I was looking for, I'm expecting this to be quite potent and don't want her to get to Mars before Branson..........:wassnnme:  lol

I think I'll have to do some quality control on myself first though......it's a hard life and all that....;)....must remember her tolerance is zero as well

1 hour ago, sam-i-am said:

blob of butter

Cheers Sam, If I substitute the butter for infused oil will that have the same result as it's already decarbed?

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

I would just mix some with a small piece of melted chocolate first until you get the dosage right mate, save any major baking project

• Like 3

So 168 grams into 750ml gives you 0.22 grams per millilitre.

1ml would probably be a decent dose for someone who doesnt smoke at all, but start with half that and see how she feels as there's many variables.

Agree with jimbo, just try in a hot choc or something.

• Like 3

If you are not used to smoking just a little can go a long way.

I personally am a lightweight and just a little is more than enough for me.

• Like 3

we found people who have no prior cannabis tolerance like eating the cannabis an hour or so before bed then just sleep through the effects 

1 hour ago, Jimboo said:

I would just mix some with a small piece of melted chocolate first until you get the dosage right mate, save any major baking project

I bought some chocolate ages ago for just this purpose, high cocoa is supposed to be the best, have to get some moulds and give it a go.

cheers bud......:yep:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lois lane said:

we found people who have no prior cannabis tolerance like eating the cannabis an hour or so before bed then just sleep through the effects 

Really? I always get a boost of energy in that first couple of hours and do shit around the house. After that I'm out like a light. 

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Cheers Sam, If I substitute the butter for infused oil will that have the same result as it's already decarbed?

If it's already decarbed you can make soft and chewy biscuits or even just lick it off the spoon as it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

I bought some chocolate ages ago for just this purpose, high cocoa is supposed to be the best, have to get some moulds and give it a go.

cheers bud......:yep:

honestly, mate I just ate my coconut oil ,let it cool to just above room temp and poured it into ice cube moulds, a couple of bites and it was away,I know its what not you want for your Mrs just saying its an easy way to sort out your dosage. One of my favs was just drop a cube into a bowl of soup or chilli, think I tried it in custard one night

eta also Stu with coconut oil you could pour it into empty paracetamol blister packs and let it cool and you have smaller doses if you want to micro-dose

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Lots of brilliant answers, thanks everyone.........:yep:

Thing is with edibles, once you've cracked the dosage dilemma, it's difficult to go back to ingesting through the lungs because you just can't get high enough. You need the proper twatting of the 11 hydroxy

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jimboo said:

@stu914 you certainly don't fuck around mate, straight in with 6oz of trim a lesser mortal might have started with an oz lol

lol 6oz is a product of several single plant crops over many months, damned stuff's been hanging around like a really nice smell (as opposed to a bad one)

In the past I've always just binned trim etc. but if this helps the mrs with her ailments then it's worth the effort.....:yep:

• Like 3