Wolfenstein Enemy Territory - Anyone remember this/still play?

Fry

I started playing it when it first came out in 2003 and was hooked for a long time, such an incredible game that promotes teamplay to complete objectives, and of course it being free helped its popularity. I never stick at games too long but wolf is one I always come back to. Been playing on it quite a bit over the last few months though and amazingly 15 years after its release and the community is thriving, the server I play on often has 20v20 player matches without bots (something you notice is rife amongst most other servers and older games) and I think they even still run tournaments. There's a big effort going on atm with a small team of devs reworking the game to modernise it too. ETlegacy its called, the guy in the vid below is running the software.

Check it out if you've never played it. Nevermind the unpolished graphics compared to todays games, Wolf could give any modern game a serious run for its money!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Fuel dump is still my favourite also. Goldrush a close second.

The original RTCW was an excellent game too, it was the first game I played that properly scared me lol

• Like 1

I kind of remember it, I wasn't hugely into it for some reason. It's a shame the old games that have been lost. These days everything tries to run like cod and new cod games run more a less the same with just new map packs. For me the best game ever has to be medal of honour allied assault. I still remember all the grenade tricks, something I think lacks with cod. I know cod does have nade spots but its just not the same lol . I played for team England on the days of clan base if anyone remembers that? Honestly lived and breathed the game and if they released it I would go buy a gaming pc tomorrow. I know like wolf there are a team of people attempting it and good on them but imo it just never seems on the level as the big companies doing it. Only other remaster which I am hoping for and that seems likely is cod mw2. I was good at it and ranked fairly decent on game battles but never one of the top unlike mohaa. Think when younger with no distractions you can really live for the game. Any of you old pc boys ever play it?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, stummer said:

For me the best game ever has to be medal of honour allied assault.

i was into the playstation 1 medal of honor(late 90's i think) when it first came out and the others that followed, it was a great game, i was never any good at it on the pc though, in fact i never liked any fps on the pc, i just couldn't get into having to use the keypad for doing everything, i only liked strategy games on a pc like rome, command & conquer, medieval and the like.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 3:21 PM, Fry said:

I started playing it when it first came out in 2003 and was hooked for a long time, such an incredible game that promotes teamplay to complete objectives, and of course it being free helped its popularity. I never stick at games too long but wolf is one I always come back to. Been playing on it quite a bit over the last few months though and amazingly 15 years after its release and the community is thriving, the server I play on often has 20v20 player matches without bots (something you notice is rife amongst most other servers and older games) and I think they even still run tournaments. There's a big effort going on atm with a small team of devs reworking the game to modernise it too. ETlegacy its called, the guy in the vid below is running the software.

Check it out if you've never played it. Nevermind the unpolished graphics compared to todays games, Wolf could give any modern game a serious run for its money!

I used to love this - top multiplayer gameplay. Nothing like accidentally wiping out half your team with an airstrike and being booted!

Used to really enjoy Market Garden - really manic with over 50 players 

• Like 2

Damn, i was so bummed all the new RTCW's had no multiplayer......the original RTCW 1.0 / 1.4 MP was the best game i ever played....looking back i think i was one of the top players in that game for a while, was in all the best clan's, playing scrims n shit lol. so sad. I played ET for a bit it was fun but wasnt the same hectic team based play of 1.0.

I tried to play it a year or so ago and the servers were down and you had to install some weird patch but i couldnt work it....anyone still play?

• Like 1