high CBD strains

vortex

i was just wondering if you pros could help me with a question please ....

im planning on growing a load of high CBD  ... very low THC  plants this summer to use for oil for  a cancer patient ... i have both autos  and  photo to grow ...

my question is to those who have grown high CBD strains ............

do they smell more  than  high thc plants ...  lower  smell   or about  the same ?

thanks in advance ....:smokin:

so no ones  EVER  grown any high CBD  strains ????:mmmmmmm:  ... hmmm ok  i will have to test it and pop up a diary then i guess ....and i will  let  everyone know how bad / good they smell :g:

• Like 1

Dinafem have got a good range of CBD strains, the smell is strain dependent..

Edited by dylanbk
  • Like 1

Hi.

I've grown three CBD strains, not sure what seedbank but I think its a Critical Mass CBD.

Of the three, only two remain as one was pretty much auto flowering although they were just fem seeds.

The other two, one is a mild smelling 'hashy' tasting phenotype and the other a fruity candyish type of plant. They are in with some Indica but both seem to have a pretty tell tale smell when in full flower. I doubt you could get away with a filter and both phenotypes are pretty much up there with the medium smelling Indicas.

These are a 50/50 kind of mix with CBD and THC. Not sure if the 1% THC would smell as much.

• Like 1

I've grown a few cbd strains, critical mass cbd,nordle and shark shock

these were a 1:1 ratio.

I found no difference in smell to be fair but isn't  smell mostly down to terpenes? I thought they try to keep them in the mix for their therapeutic value?

Edited by Tete
  • Like 2

I've grown Dinafem purple orange for my last couple of grows, the amount of smell seemed pretty much the same as any other strain to me (though I confess my sense of smell ain't great cos I've got really bad sinuses).

• Like 1

I've only run dinafems Moby dick cbd which is 1:1 and smelt every bit as much as most plants. 

Fantastic smell in fact. Lovely smoke too and I am actually finding it my go to strain out of 7 different flavours in the jars which are all high thc

• Like 3

@vortex you can't go far wrong than to ask and listen to blackpool , i got a lot of good info from him and also reading his posts he does know a lot on autos plus look at some of the monsters he grew .

@blackpoolbouncer do you still use clover compost ,i never did find it local to me i stuck with jacks magic ,hoping to get back to growing now i am home from the hospital lol but i also have plans on a loft conversion shhhh don't tell the doctors what i am doing lol.

stay safe grow well

• Like 2

@noddy I used it on my last run because I was in a pinch and needed some compost asap and didnt have any about but dont do usually anymore. 

I still think its the best you can buy in a bag but I generally use my own homemade mix these days. Cant beat proper organic soil but clover is as close as it gets imo

e2a. heres a pic of the moby(smallest yeilder, less moby dick in her than her sisters which were both more potent and had more moby in them)

grown in clover

All smell very like orange and lime marmalade with an extra punch

large.IMG_20180114_11325.jpg

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 3