Has anyone ever seen a thriving healthy model/ example grow in a hydro shop? (Peppers, tomatoes etc.)

MicGrow

I've only ever visited three hydro shops in my life but two of them had horrendous efforts at model/ example grows.

Leggy, stretched, hungry, nasty looking peppers. Dead leaves, mess and probably even pests. Such a waste of electricity, totally ironic and pretty poor marketing. 

The third shop I visited had nothing on the grow but still an HPS on in a tent just to look cool. Poor form, but better than the others, I get it.

It's a shame because I guess they are there at the shop all day because most shops have generous opening hours.

It'd be nice to see some great plants, herbs and other projects on the go.

Anyone seen good stuff? Any pictures out there?

• Like 2

iv only visited about 5 hydro shops and all of them had the tents set up but nothing in them, as you say, it wouldn't be to hard to stick something in them though, its better than just wasting the electricity....

nope never seen anything remotely healthy lol Should ignore what they say aswel. The 1 I was in today reckoned I’d destroy clones by not using a duel spectrum bulb, said seeds would take straight son-t but not clones. Morons. He fucking stank aswel.

• Like 7

Yup,seen healthy peppers in two shops in spain,one was in javea owned by a dutch guy,the other I really cant remember exactly where it was,but another town in the general area :yinyang:

Once did I see a guy growing something in a tent that looked remotley healthy.

Most shops I have been in have been dusty uninviting places. Some have a tent set up but with no lights or filters in it.

The first shop I ever went into had lights on in the window, but no plants under them.

So here is an idea...

If you own a grow shop, nip down to Tesco and buy one of those basil plants in a pot and put it under a veg light.

Advertise on facebook and instore that there is a free lesson in cloning happening in your shop.

When the customers turn up grab your basil plant and clone it for the customers. Let them have a go as well.

Just imagine the captive audiance you would have, buying small jars of alcohol to steralise things, scalpals, bottles of clonex and propagators.

You can then take pictures show how much a big success it was, even if it was just one customer and the rest was members of your staff in their civilian clothes.

You can put this on facebook, instagram and what not, publicising your business.

When people go into your shop you will have a propagator going, a sea of basil in a veg tent, all green and happy looking.

Interested customers will ask questions, your shop will smell better and you and your staff will have free herbs.

• Like 6

My local grow store has a lovely indoor garden. Clean and well organised, with quite a selection of plants. Even had a banana grown indoors a few months back, tasty. :D I like his fish grow tank. :rofl: 

The other grow shop had a DR120 set up in a back room with a few unhappy plants and a floor covered in dead leaves.  :puke: Not been back there since.

• Like 2