PFNC: Official Warning re Monsanto

Arnold Layne

didnt bayer  originate from nazis ??,,always found it odd how after being supposedly defeated in ww2 they manage to have such power our lives   something aint ringing true ,,seems to be a create a problem then come fix it model consistantly  being used ,,,,,interesting posts ,, from whats being said  we still  appear to be at war ,,

8 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

I will need 10+ lifetimes to grow the regular seeds I got. I remember thinking about this ages ago so then regular seeds accumulated quick lol.

Enough of us have seed stashs to outlast our siblings siblings.. Some very impressive selections, just check out the seed collection thread :yep:

But how many of us have actually kept stable genetics? No good keeping underworked lines or polyhybrids that in 10 seeds you may find half dozen different phenotypes.. lol ..To be fair I grew to be not so keen on the Dutch hybrid boom in the 90s.. Which leaves us lastly with landraces,  how many of us have actually got space to keep true representation of the line?

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 2

Are Monsanto and Bayer Really Trying To Take Over The Cannabis Industry?

Monsanto is on the tips of everyone’s tongues lately. Health conscious individuals are doing everything they can to boycott this company and support others instead, even if that means opting for much pricier organic produce.

There are a number of reasons for their concern, including the fact that no long-term studies have been done to show the potential health effects of consuming genetically modified foods or the high levels of pesticides that came with them. The mere fact that this company is responsible for some of the worst chemicals ever created, including Agent Orange, DDT, asbestos, and aspartame, also contributes to this widespread mistrust.

In September 2016, Bayer, the largest pharmaceutical company in the world, made a deal to buy out Monsanto for $66 billion, even though Monsanto was voted “the most evil company in the world” back in 2013. Unfortunately, this buyout only strengthened Monsanto’s lobbying power.

This corporate giant has now set its sights on another product, one that has garnered increasing attention lately as laws relax and medicinal uses become better understood: cannabis. Despite claiming otherwise, evidence suggests Monsanto may already have ties to cannabis production, a worrisome connection for anyone who uses cannabis medically or even enjoys an occasional puff.

I’m sure that you already know, Monsanto makes poisons, GMOs, and other products proven to harm people and the environment.

Monsanto has a deep business partnership with Scotts Miracle-Gro, a convicted corporate criminal– and Scott’s Miracle-Gro is trying to take over the marijuana industry.

A Scotts Miracle-Gro front group recently purchased General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Gavita.

Major hydroponics companies report they’ve also been offered takeover bids by Scotts Miracle-Gro or its “Hawthorne” front company.

A hydroponics lighting manufacturer told us Scotts Miracle-Gro wanted to buy most of their bulbs and sell them at Home Depot and other discount stores.

“They want to bypass hydroponics retail stores,” the hydroponics lighting rep told us. “When we said we won’t get in bed with them they said, ‘Well, we could just buy your whole company like we did with Gavita and do whatever we want.’”

Scotts Miracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagadorn says he’ll spend as much as HALF A BILLION DOLLARS to buy out the cannabis industry.

Maximum Yield Magazine welcomed a Monsanto affiliate into its Boston indoor gardening expo several years ago.

This despite the fact that Monsanto and Scotts Miracle-Gro have long been partners with the DEA to produce poisons used in the wars against marijuana and coca plants.

Bayer is partnered with GW Pharmaceuticals, the UK-based company that grows marijuana, extracts compounds from it, and turns the compounds into pharmaceutical medicines.

Bayer is the licensed distributor for GW’s Sativex®, an expensive medical cannabis extract spray that patients say is less effective than growing and using their own buds.

Like Monsanto and Scotts Miracle-Gro, Bayer is a pathologically harmful corporation.

Bayer’s history includes making chemical weapons, providing material support (as part of the Farben group) for Hitler’s genocidal war crimes, using slave labor, and creating toxic and deadly products.

In 1898, Bayer trademarked the opiate diacetylmorphine, giving it the name heroin.

Bayer was the first company to mass produce and mass market heroin worldwide.

The company falsely claimed that heroin was great for children as a harmless curative for coughs and digestive disorders.

Monsanto has similarly made or contributed to the making of harmful products including saccharin, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), nuclear weapons, polystyrene, DDT, Agent Orange, RoundUp (glyphosate), bovine growth hormone (rGBH), Aspartame, GMOs, and dioxin.

GW purchased trademarked “solo cannabinoid” cannabis strains from two famous marijuana pioneers.

Monsanto and Scotts are purchasing rare landrace cannabis strains from well-known marijuana seed companies.

What do they want to do with these strains?

Michael Straumietis, founder and owner of hydroponics nutrients company Advanced Nutrients, has constantly warned the marijuana community about Monsanto, Scotts Miracle-Gro, GMO marijuana, and corporate takeover of the marijuana industry.

“Monsanto and Bayer share information about genetically modifying crops,” Straumietis notes. “Bayer partners with GW Pharmaceuticals, which grows its own proprietary marijuana genetics. It’s logical to conclude that Monsanto and Bayer want to create GMO marijuana.”

Straumietis says cannabis industry insiders with connections in South America allege that billionaire investor George Soros, who owns nearly 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock, worked behind the scenes via a “public interest” front group to legalize cannabis research in Uruguay.

If Monsanto and Bayer follow their usual agribusiness model, he says, they’ll want to pharmaceuticalize THC, other cannabinoids, and terpenoids so you have to get a doctor’s prescription and buy marijuana compounds from corporations.

One important problem with Monsanto, Bayer, and Scotts Miracle-Gro linking up is that their goals are to control the world’s seed supply, food supply, agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, and medicines.

“These corporations reduce the variety and availability of native seeds,” he says. “They genetically modify crops so farmers have to buy new seeds every year. Farmers are forced to use corporate chemicals like RoundUp to grow them. They’d do the same thing with GMO marijuana.”

The corporate interests and immense political power of Bayer, Monsanto, and Scotts Miracle-Gro, enforced by the World Trade Organization and international patent law, could result in corporate ownership of marijuana seed stock, prohibition of cannabis growers producing their own strains, GMO marijuana, and decrease in the number of cannabis strains available.

“There used to be hundreds of commercial varieties of apples,” Straumietis says. “Today there are less than two dozen. The United Nations warns that the diversity of cultivated crops declined by 75% during the 20th Century and a third of today’s crop diversity could disappear by 2050. The global plant breeding market is dominated by multinationals like Monsanto. They’re stealing Nature from us.”

Straumieitis suspects that the corporate plan is to genetically modify marijuana, establish patented GMO marijuana seeds and strains in the marketplace, and then use patent and trademark enforcement to attack marijuana seed breeders and rob us of our seeds.

What can we do to stop Bayer, Monsanto, and Scotts Miracle-Gro?

Make marijuana seeds and store them properly.
    Boycott General Hydroponics, Botanicare, Gavita, and any other company that does business with Scotts Miracle-Gro, Monsanto, or Bayer.
    Boycott marijuana seed companies that sell genetics to Monsanto.
    Boycott anyone who sells Scotts Miracle-Gro and other corporate products.
    Don’t use  products made by Bayer, Scotts Miracle-Gro, or Bayer.
    Don’t use products containing GMOs.
    Join with groups that oppose criminal corporations and GMOs.
    Grow your own marijuana, breed it, and increase its legality.

Unfortunately, Bayer and Monsanto could create a monopoly on marijuana seeds in the same way we have seen them do with corn and soy. They have an incredible amount of corporate power and through enforcing international patent law, could end up with total control over the cannabis industry, including medicinal cannabis use and research.

“Corporations and people with hundreds of billions of dollars know marijuana is a miracle plant. They want to come in and steal our plants, seeds, and industry from us,” Straumietis says. “We must stop them.”

https://zenpype.com/are-monsanto-and-bayer-really-trying-to-take-over-the-cannabis-industry/

• Like 1

i've said for a bit now that the 'mark' could already be circulating

could be in your room right now..waiting for the vistit from the canna licence inspectors that everyone wants to vote for...:upside:

• Like 1

Wearing my Monsanto shill hat ...

Cultivars have been patented for a very long time. It's technically illegal to sell many fancy ornamentals raised from cuttings at the local garden fete.

One of the naughtiest stories told about Monsanto is of the Canadian farmer who deliberately stole Monsanto's rapeseed genetics and then claimed it was accidental.

(He legitimately paid for Monsanto's seed the first year).

The existence of fancy GMO technologies does not stop farmers growing old varieties.

Rice grown in the southern USA has high levels of arsenic due to its being used against boll weevils in the past.

Monsanto has recently released GM cotton seeds that were a failure when trialled in India - not because of the inbuilt pesticide, but because it was released too early and the fibres were too short.

Edited by cultivateur

I think large groups should patent some names, then sell the lot to Monsanto, see how long it takes them to find out they hold the worlds larges collection of hemp seed with freaky names,:wassnnme:

dj... 

• Like 1

It’s not just the seeds they’re going after they’re going after he microbiome in the soil too. They’re trying to control every aspect. It’s big jumps for science but not for removing power structures. 

Dangl gives the example of the successful inoculation of soybeans by nitrogen-fixing rhizobia bacteria; soybeans as legumes naturally grow root nodules, but inoculations give them a head start. ‘You coat seeds in a super-nodulating strain that was isolated in the lab. The plant starts to nodulate earlier, with your favourite strain,’ Dangl explains, which benefits the crop. ‘But it turns out that as the root develops, the nodules become filled by endogenous rhizobia from the field.’ The preferred strain succumbs to natural soil inhabitants. ‘We have to fight this problem of how to make sure a strain can invade and persist in a complicated soil community.’

The quest to discover whether certain crop varieties are better suited than others to harnessing useful microbes in the soil has thrown up an interesting possibility: that plants may have lost the ability to send chemical signals to recruit certain microbes during domestication. When they started to be fed fertiliser and regularly watered, maintaining this capability became less necessary. The resurrection of crops with wild microbiomes is therefore being explored.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/feature/the-plant-microbiome/3008377.article

We don't have to accept the cock-ups nature delivers left to her own devices.

Our brain has helped us jump off the evolution bandwagon.

It makes no odds to most canna users anyway.

If a fuck was given by the masses how the canna industry is going we wouldn't have so many growers growing autos and or FEMS., not to mention the amount of "breeders" that only sell fem seed now... Pfft!

Nobody gives a fuck as long as its a 'good smoke'

Its a sad state of affairs and the dollar signs are blinding most, unfortunately..

Those that do give a fuck will just make  their own seed, and or carry on buying from boutique breeders.

Fuk moneysanto... They'll never tie me down to anything!

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, cultivateur said:

im not sure that will matter dude because it seems their will always be wave after wave of young newbs to the (old) new scene

that want 'flavours/$500 seeds/reggaeton'  and as such has exploded into a super plastic ego driven mega cash cow 

lol and what @Daze said but i've got an oil joint...so 40mins later here we still arh :pugwash: 

:sleep1:

• Like 2

On 20/02/2018 at 9:50 PM, stickyblack said:

I deeply hope your wrong though @Arnold Layne

Me too mate, me too :smokin:

On 21/02/2018 at 1:44 PM, Johnny2 said:

Tin foil hats on. lol

Me bald as a coot, shave the lot every third day. Stuff skids straight of it! More reflective than tin foil...... I can blind you at fifty paces!!

On 21/02/2018 at 10:02 PM, cultivateur said:

We don't have to accept the cock-ups nature delivers left to her own devices.

Your first line, I concur.

The second line I very much doubt is possible. But folks do think we have, just doesn't mesh with my head.

On 21/02/2018 at 10:33 PM, Daze said:

It makes no odds to most canna users anyway.

If a fuck was given by the masses how the canna industry is going we wouldn't have so many growers growing autos and or FEMS., not to mention the amount of "breeders" that only sell fem seed now... Pfft!

Nobody gives a fuck as long as its a 'good smoke'

Its a sad state of affairs and the dollar signs are blinding most, unfortunately..

Those that do give a fuck will just make  their own seed, and or carry on buying from boutique breeders.

Fuk moneysanto... They'll never tie me down to anything!

That's the stuff, man! Fuck'em all! :yep:

Glad I started this thread. Its a subject we need somehow to inject into the stoner world's cultural subconcious TFG (Taken For Granted). Its the sort of knowledge that can act as a sort of immunisation against all the utter BS that seems to cover the surface of our culture.

Stay high folks!

:smokin:

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2018 at 4:37 PM, hash72 said:

i cant see anyone getting control of a plant that grows wild around the world, cannabis will still be growing wild long after humans become extinct

I do agree with parts of what Arnie says but in my view its impossible to control everything, your right.

• Like 1