petition 15k already

limeyLimey

I’m not down for the regulation of thc level. 

I’m down for legalisation but it needs to be done right. I’d rather wait for it to be done right than some controlled legalisation which will be controlled and harder to undo. 

Edited by B0bbyBuds
  • Like 3

This is the text from the petition... No details as such, just a call for legalisation for medicinal and recreational use...

Legalise cannabis for medical and recreational use.

It is time for the government to accept that cannabis should be legal. Prohibition has done nothing to reduce drug use and it is hypocritical for the government to allow alcohol and tobacco but not weed. Cannabis should be sold in licensed shops to prevent youth access and regulate the THC level.

Cannabis was prohibited in the UK in 1928, as a result of racism, fear and prejudice. Prohibition results in disproportionate targeting of ethnic minorities and young people, whose lives are ruined by criminal records. Furthermore, Alcohol causes 3.3 million deaths per year. Tobacco kills over 7 million people per year. Cannabis has further more shown promise in reducing seizures among other illnesses, and is far safer than opioid painkillers.

lol

as its much less dangerous than the 50 or so very common highly toxic flowers/weeds/plants that grow in peoples gardens and planted by councils on roundabouts all over the uk country

why not just tell the governmnet to walk away from the plant and just accept its existence in life

oh yeah..the billions and billions THEY are trying to cash in on with 'legal' 'medical' 'application' 'strain' patents GWP own and the canna based pharmaceutical products THEY sell worldwide...

• Like 10

I don't get these petitions. Do they actually do anything?

Look at how many people marched against the last iraq war. Didn't mean shit :russian:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tigseyjnr said:

nope, nothing

apart from getting your name and details onto a gov database

12 years worth of similar petitions here prove my point lol

• Like 11

Like breezus says really, just walk away gov.

You ain't interested in me and my shit, but you would love an opportunity to rape the arse out of it and make a fortune, greed.

Looks like money hungry cunts to me, but we already knew that didn't we.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tigseyjnr said:

At best, they send you a link to the transcript of any discussion that takes place in the event that 100,000 people sign up, but, just as often, you get a mail saying, you were among the 100,000 plus who wanted this discussed but we decided it wasn't an issue and chose not to discuss it anyway...

I think it falls down to this for pretty much all parties - Q.1: will it make more people vote for you or make you appear more popular without loosing the people who already vote for/like you? If the answer to that question is even minimally towards, 'no', then it gets buried as an issue...

• Like 2

A petition got over 100 000 a few years ago it went to parliament but it was a joke. 

Not a big turnout. And anti cannabis shit being spewed against science. 

yeah i cant help but think its rather futile with the current state our country is in, brexit seems to have taken over everything, despite the fact that the torys are crumbling

rather than it being 'futile, its just the wrong petition to sign (even if they did work) full stop

politics is a 'staged' 'show'

free your mind by not buying the tickets

• Like 3