I'm sad that I haven't started my diary yet!

caringmum

Grow tent ready / everything working /stealth sorted/ pots at the ready then...

Surprise!  - we will be getting unexpected visitors over Christmas.

I suppose I have been lucky in a way; as tending to the seedlings would be near impossible without being found out. (I will be followed around the house constantly by a 3 year old)

It will be enjoyable, but when I think of 12 wks for veg and flower then the drying/ curing added on - it will be April before I have the herbs in front of me.

GOD I sound so... ungrateful don't I -lol  

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE

• Like 8

I take it your grow plan is to grow quite alot of small plants? 12/12 from seed? Some strains can take 12 weeks just to flower.. some can take 16 weeks and some only 8. Its all down to the strain but if your wanting things done fast u can get Automatics or F1 strains. F1 or fast version is still photo so u will need to veg then switch to 12/12 but the flowering time is shorter and usually quite mould resistant.

After all that lovely waiting you will then have a good week or two in the tent drying. And after that u can start to enjoy ur smoke a little but tbh its proba guna need a min 2 weeks in a jar to get that moisture even throughout, which in turn makes a much smoother smoke all round :):)

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, caringmum said:

(I will be followed around the house constantly by a 3 year old)

That's the way to do it, get them started young.........:rofl: 

As @JamJar says, to get your jars filled sharpish, then autos are the quickest route for now......

Have a look at sweet seeds and dinafem they've got some that finish from seed in a couple of months give or take......:yep:

good luck

stu:oldtoker:

• Like 6

Oh how frustrating, though lovely to have folks around at the same time!

Have a lovely Christmas and a speedy grow in the new year!!

There should be more than a few threads on choosing beans for speediness, as @JamJar suggests... Bit of secret crimble reading ;)

Plenty folks around here to help out when you get going!

:v:

lol I know the feeling, seems to take forever when there's no stash in the jars but once you have some the turnaround seems half the time...you'll be up and running soon and will find out just how much patience is a part of this growing ganja game...a merry crimbo to you too :v:

• Like 1

Numerous seeds have already been bought, I'm starting off with 2 CBD Sensi Star & 2 Nightingale - both are 8-9 weeks in flowering.

Small plastic drinking cups will be used first until at least 2 nodes are showing and leaves touching edges of cup with a good root growth before planting into 1L air pots then into 9L pots.

Still have to find out when to build up the strength in nutrients but will begin with 1/2 strength of Vitalink Plant Start.

Other nutrients are Vitalink A & B which I again have to find out when to start and what strengths to use, but I know all of you will help when the time comes.

The other two I have are Cannazym and Cal mag, I know Cannazym will be useful but I'm told that Vital A & B has cal mag included so may be it will be a while before Cal mag is used. 

I'm trying to digest all what I read but this can take you only so far before you have to start the pratical then everything hopefully will fall into place.

• Like 1

you can get small 10 or 12 0.25ltr pots from poundland, theyre better than using plastic cups as they let light through.

as for nutrient strength & when to feed them, wait till the plants start to go a lighter shade of green before adding nutrients,

the when you do, go with a 1/3rd mix to start with, its better to start feeding under strengthed than being over strengthed &

less chance of burning the plants, I'd also hold off adding any beneficials to the feed like calmag oo soon as you'll only end up

burning the plants.

• Like 1

Thanks  @Joint hogger for making the point that light will be able to come through the cups - but by a stroke of look when buying the cups I went for black, but will deff hold them up to the light before actually using them.

I will be growing in coco so I believe a little nutrient is necessary when watering but will lower the strength as you say to 1/3

lol I've got a book to write everything done for my first grow including all advice given. "me thinks it is going to be full"

yes, coco coir doesn't have any nutrients in it & as far as I know, coco has to be watered every day, haven't used it myself as I use soil.

as for the cups, its easy to check to see if theyre light proof, if you hold one up to your eye & look at a bright light, you'll get your answer  :yep:

Edited by Joint hogger