Dry Herb Vaporizer

caringmum

I will be starting my first grow this weekend and I'm looking for a dry herb vaporizer for a gift for son as he has never smoked.

I have been searching on the web where they talk about hits from THC.

But what about the CBD will this be absorbed as well? (growing for medical use)

• Like 3

Hi,

Yes the vape will release all the good stuff........:yep:

Have a look at Vapefiend (site sponsor) there are plenty to choose from depends on your budget...

The 'storm' is a budget vape and does the job, be a good one to start with, see how he gets on with it.

atb

stu:oldtoker:

• Like 4

I have a portable on called the smart slim by rad wouldn't recommend it just doesn't do it for me personally.

For a tabletop version I think the volcano is still the one to have although I am a smoker so I roll my smoke sue.

• Like 1

Thank you @stu914 @doobie01 

After checking vaporizer's out, I think I will have to talk it over with my son, but I must admit the Storm Vaporizer looks simple to use and I like that there is a plug-in charger and extra add-on's if wanted. Thanks for pointing me to  @vapefiend Stu, I will be clicking on their banner and see what happens?  (smile)

• Like 3

I have the Vapexhale cloud EVO and that's the latest & greatest imo.  Esp. for medical as it doesnt involve bags or large amounts.

You can get them for about £275 if you pick your time and/or use the 420 discount.  Although you might want to start with something like the storm.  Your choice.

here's a chart of vapourisation temps:

large.vape-temps-chart.jpg

as you can see its (CBD) boiling point is just a little higher than delta9 thc.

you can pick temperature that your vape heats the weed to, within limits.

Edited by Bird
  • Like 5

The Spirit is the newer version of the storm and its a lovely bit of kit. I own both and was quite happy with the storm until I bought the spirit, now I only use the storm to charge spare batteries for the spirit. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@caringmum, if I was buying a vape for my son one of the main things I would be looking out for is the quality of the materials used and a air path clear of these materials.

There are vapes out there which may release gases from the plastics,metals and electronics used to hold and power them.

as @Birdhas mentioned the cloud evo is great and uses an all glass air path with oil and is very efficient.

There are better vapes out there that extract quicker than the evo but for a medical user the evo is very simple to use and works very well without it being dangerously hot on the table.

do you think it will be used for dry herbs or oil mostly?

hope this helps, sending good vibes your way.

Edited by golf.007
  • Like 2

If you could stretch to a evo it would be a great choice for dry herb, I don't know if you're familiar with the fuckcombustion forum but it may be worth having a look as there is many knowledgeable medical vaper people in there all eager to help.

atb

• Like 1

I own a few vapes including the evo, crafty, firefly 2 and pax 2 - they all offer a very different experience and which one is most relevant depends on what your priorities are. The evo is amazing, great vapour and really powerful, the firefly, crafty etc all have their place. What is your budget? 

@caringmumget the Mighty for Him. I like it,you can get a wick taste and flavour at low Heat. most things made by germans are well made.

Edited by Percygrower_420
  • Like 1

I second that - I have the crafty which is the smaller version of the mighty - both really easy but really good vapes especially if your new to vaping.

@Goita My son says don't spend too much money as I might not be able to get on with it, but as a mother I feel what he doesn't no won't hurt him (smile) as long as he can easily get pain relief as he does have trouble taking deep breaths . 

Edited by caringmum