Alternative plan for the freedom of cannabis

Welsh Tom

As a protector of this plant, I am getting worried that the wish may one day come true & the UK do legalise the use of cannabis in certain forms. My major concern is trusting the opposition with the legislation that would shape any new laws on the plant. I don't agree with only giving certain areas of society access to the plant. I don't want the underground scene that's kept the culture & genetics & knowledge alive to suffer. Could we properly structure cannabis laws to benefit everyone.

Should we be happy to get medical as 'better than nothing'.
Would it only be grown by the government?
Would you accept this?
Could local growers become self employed?
What regulations would have to be met in order to provide medical cannabis to others?
Would you trust mass produced government green over locally sourced hand trimmed green?
Cannabis associations, dispensaries, coffeeshops?
Clone/seed shops?
personal plant allowance ?
Ability to pay tax on produce?
Transportation of produce ?
Release of people detained for cannabis cultivation?

Growers unite 

Edited by Welsh Tom
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Welsh Tom said:

As a protector of this plant, I am getting worried that the wish may one day come true & the UK do legalise the use of cannabis in certain forms. My major concern is trusting the opposition with the legislation that would shape any new laws on the plant. I don't agree with only giving certain areas of society access to the plant. I don't want the underground scene that's kept the culture & genetics & knowledge alive to suffer. Could we properly structure cannabis laws to benefit everyone.

Should we be happy to get medical as 'better than nothing'.
Would it only be grown by the government?
Would you accept this?
Could local growers become self employed?
What regulations would have to be met in order to provide medical cannabis to others?
Would you trust mass produced government green over locally sourced hand trimmed green?
Cannabis associations, dispensaries, coffeeshops?
Clone/seed shops?
personal plant allowance ?
Ability to pay tax on produce?
Transportation of produce ?
Release of people detained for cannabis cultivation?

Growers unite 

i get you,i thought along similar lines ie if they made it legal im betting they would  try and stop growers unless you have some kind of 'licence' or some crap but well whatever the gov do when they legalise doesn't really matter to most who grow as we will still do what we want regardless of law as we do now.

H4rdc0r3.

• Like 3

@H4rdc0r3

Totally agree mate. I'm not looking for permission. Does seem pointless even trying to compromise with the government. we are doing a pretty good job at over growing them. I just think sooner or later all the aspects of the industry will need to be discussed because it's not something that's going away. But unless the planet, the plant & the people are the ones benefitting then i don't want to know. 

• Like 1

I'm not looking for permission and the govt can do whatever the fook they like regards "legalisation" the only thing i want is to be able to grow in peace with a strain of my choosing and not have to hide it like i'm doing something wrong or risk time in the clink. I hope legalisation does occur if for nothing else than reduced sentencing for those that will carry on regardless of the backwards laws.

• Like 6

It won't happen, people are more than happy to bend over backwards for "legalization". Everyone's been treated like shit over a plant for so long that now I think people will just accept anything. I don't think its going to be a bed of roses like some may believe. Personally I couldn't give a shit I'd just always grow my own and keep a low profile about it. These cunts are for changing the law because they have seen the light, they have simply seen money. Politicians and money is always a lose lose situation for everyone else imo.

• Like 7

Decriminalization for me allowing up to a certain number of plants in a domestic setting but not allowing mahoosive grows thus slowing the big money company's chances of market control 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2017 at 1:18 PM, doobie01 said:

Decriminalization for me allowing up to a certain number of plants in a domestic setting but not allowing mahoosive grows thus slowing the big money company's chances of market control 

Agreed mate. Fuck legalisation. Decriminalisation or nowt in my opinion. Look whats happening in US. Its going tits up IMO, all about money (surprise) and huge scale production, and the cottage industry side of it is failing from what I read. 

Keep it underground. 

On 08/11/2017 at 1:18 PM, doobie01 said:

This would be nice. But it’s going the other way in some places in the US. Big companies who have ties finding it quite easier to get licenses (still expensive) while Home growers have to pay and go through some long process. 

Decriminalisation, regulated for commercial and the government getting stuck in too (not the current government as  they are. This is an idealistic idea) and not privatising it. 

Just allowing say 9 plants would do for me anymore and would land you in bother no licences required and anyone caught selling would be still criminals ect but possession of weed for own supply  not a Criminal act.