Vacuum packed bud ...

JimmyPage

Thanks to the good folk of UK420, I managed to nab a food vacuum sealing rig from Lidl - £24.99. Primarily for storing food.

But ...

Now we have tke kit, it seems a shame not to look at vacuum sealing bud, after it's been cured. Lines of thinking are:

1) Removing oxygen will prolong potency.

2) Saves on Kilner jars.

3) Stealth ?

So I wondered who from UK420 vacuum seals, any tips, and with regard to stealth, what's the best way ?

I know that the bags need to be cleaned *after* handling to remove any traces in case a sniffer dog is bought in. Is there a tried and tested method ?

Once vacuum sealed, is there any advantage to freezing as well ?

When you vacuum seal, you will want to use a few pairs of disposable gloves. Put one pair on and fill the bags up. After all bags are filled, put on a new pair of gloves and seal the bags up. Always worth double vacuum bagging for security.

You can pull a loose vacuum on the first bag and then a proper vacuum on the second bag if you don't want your buds to get squashed.

If your machine has a gentle setting, use that first. If the machine has a sealing option for liquids, use it.

I haven't used mine in ages, but I know that they were smell proof. :rofl:

Edited by KingBlueRizla

5 minutes ago, KingBlueRizla said:

If your machine has a gentle setting, use that first. If the machine has a sealing option for liquids, use it.

Neither. But it does have a "stop" button, so you can stop it after a mild suck (fnarr fnarr).

Good point about double-bagging and the gloves !!!

I take it you've been tested by sailing past a sniffer dog ?

Can't say if it made it past a sniffer dog, but they made it past Royal Mail. :rofl: Not used my vacuum sealer for ages now though.  I used to seal anything anytime I was in public.

If you're going past a sniffer dog, make sure you have clean clothes and haven't smoked weed in them either.

• Like 1

My main interest is that when I get to my goal of 2 years worth grown, cured and ready to smoke (so the tent can come down, room redecorated, and no need for stealth) I can seal it all up, and not worry about being caught with a large amount.

Clean vacuum packed bags, stashed in a void somewhere, seems an ideal solution.

Saw a post on here a few years back someone got caught bringing a shit load in from aboard (think it was in a house box). They had vac sealed it and then put it into another vac back and put liquid washing detergent in and sealed it up, When the sniffer dogs went to search the box they only picked up on one bag I think and that was cos the outside bag had been contaminated by someone who had touched the original packaging or something like that. I know customs said they where lucky to find the stash at the time and were worried that they wouldn't be able to use dogs to detect further shipments if the same method was used.

Wish I had seen the post about them been sold for that price would love one of them.            

• Like 1

Once vac packed it's a good idea to wipe it with isopropyl if you're trying to bypass dogs or the postal service. Obviously don't touch the pack after smoking a joint or something, make sure there's no trace of the stuff getting onto the pack in any way really.

• Like 1