Back after hiatus

Arthur Avalon

Hi everybody, been off the boards for a couple of years, popping back in now.  Nice to see all the old regulars thriving!

Had a poor year, so I knocked it on the head for a bit but now the mojo seems to be coming back.  I just vaped some scuff from my last chop (currently drying) and was more than pleased.  Much more ;) My kind of weed...  expansive, social, mildly trippy, ultra-cerebral. 

Hey, you know you've been gone a while when you get back and there are two totally new light systems going!  Anyone playing with CMH or LED these days?

Oh and by the way, does anyone know how you disassemble the valve of an old Volcano vape?  I want to give it a proper, service-style clean rather than just poking about with an earbud, but it seems like the metal bits holding the spring are pressed in, is this the case?

Anyway, good too see you all!

After my current grow (.e. sometime in spring '18) I hope to do a repro run off a pack of Oldtimes, I found, anyone still running those?  They were quite popular when they were first out.

• Like 5

Welcome back @Arthur Avalon Glad all is well :yep: 

LED's have come along way the past few years and come down in price too, a few growers on here have got or done decent grows with them. The way forward though in my opinion is CMH, i previously used a 400w hps for years and recently gone to a 315w cmh with both lamps (veg + flower). The ladies seem to love it and are thriving, cooler temps and there are reports of crops finishing sooner under them and most importantly stronger and tastier end product. I'm currently 5 weeks into flowering with 2x Killerskunk and i've grew this strain many times before, they look more advanced at this stage than when under the 400w hps and they're overloaded with trichomes already. A quick pic here of them just at 5 weeks into 12/12. >

large.59eb01955cab8_KillerskunkDay35flower_pic4.jpg

A link to my diary below if you'd like to follow this journey with me under cmh, All the best. :smokin:

• Like 2

Cheers everybody, useful info Amnesia.

Been busy catching up on my reading, some really nice work on show.

BTW, are there any interesting new strains (on the sativa side of things) floating around?  I try to keep up, but I'm sure I've missed lots.  What's the discerning head-stash grower flowering these days?  Last I was on here it seemed like mainly Lot5evo & Oldtimes.

Edited by Arthur Avalon

WB m8 :hippy:

The volcanotips website has a disassembly and cleaning guide, with pics for ya.

The knurled section unscrews, to remove the spring iirc