managing 2nd screen on multi setup

H4rdc0r3

long story short after my old macbook packed up on me(duff hdd) which i then later fixed but i already had the new lappy, go figure lol 

so i picked up a used vaio vpcs12v9e recently for £100...

im currently using the laptops 13" screen as the primary for playing css and my sony bravia tv is extended as the 2nd on hdmi now heres where my problem is,when im playing css fullscreen i can pull up a menu ingame and i can mouse over to the 2nd screen but i want to be able to manage stuff on the 2nd screen without having the game minimize when i click something on the 2nd screen which is what happens currently.

is there a way to do that in windows 10 or do i need 3rd party app? if so could someone point me in the correct direction of what i need please?

thanks,H4rdc0r3.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you solve this? I know I'm late but in CSS, change the setting from fullscreen to borderless window. You'll still have to bring up the menu in game to do stuff on your 2nd monitor but the game shouldn't minimise itself when you do things on the 2nd.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Buckfacked

Something you can try is to go into the screen options and look for the bit under something like "multiple display" or whatever (this machine is in Dutch so I can't give you the exact option) where you see a drop down menu saying "Display only screen 1", "Display only Screen 2", "Duplicate this display" and, the important one, "Extend".

The last one will extend your desktop across both screens which, I THINK, means you should be able to setup the options in the game so it only displays on the screen fed by HDMI, leaving your laptop screen for the boring stuff.