giving blood

jontz

hya, not exactly on subject here, but it seemed like the most appropriate place to put it...

What's the deal with giving blood if you are a smoker/and or cannabis user?

At the moment, I assume you can't...

Any info/comments would be appeciated,

Cheers,  :satisfied:

I ain't gonna tell em, I'd just like to know if i can give blood as I feel I've probably got some spare!!!

I've never had a problem.

As I understand it most of your blood gets separated into the white/red/platelet things and goes its separate ways.  I dunno if this makes smoking irrelevant or not.

I usually dont smoke for a few days before giving anyway.....3 days every 3 months isnt so bad.  It's for charity mate! <smashy and nicey>

And when you've given you can go and have a couple of pints and a good strong toke and be absolutely hammered.

Ooooo.... 3 days... :nervous: :confused:

er go one then... I s'pose it's better than being the poor guy (or gal) on the other end waiting for the blood...

cheers for the info - this is something i can do that will be of use... im tired of being useless. :confused:

:satisfied:

hey jontz

you aint useless if you are going to give blood........do it!!. in the knowledge you may well save someones life.....now that's something to be very proud of..

m.j.

Having been on the recieving end of a couple of transfusions,and seen people who need them weekly, I cant stress enough how usefull regularly blood donors are.They dont turn away smokers(they dont even ask) & screen it for infectious disease.

Every pint counts,so thanks mate to you & all who donate,it really is a worthy cause, you can help save lives.

Guest mary_jane

Wouldnt it be nice to receive stoners blood.....just thing you wake up to be quite mellow... :blink: