How does prohibition of cannabis create and promote slavery in the UK. Discuss

Aurora Ruderalis

Indeed and rightly so @Ch@ppers

So  what do you call a vietnamese man locked inside a house from the outside for weeks sleeping in squalor while he tends to a gangs grow for free?

• Like 1

How do you know he grows for free blackpool?You know they pay to come here illegally,sometimes they work here to pay off their smuggling debt if the family haven't sold off land or clubbed together the cash beforehand to pay off the snakeheads,not condoning or condemning it,just asking,how do you yourself personally know they work here for free?

• Like 1

Slavery is already there, the illegal cannabis/drugs trade is just another use to which the slaves are put, so it certainly doesn't create it.

If drugs (all drugs) were legal and freely available surely everyone knows that slaves would be occupied in other illegal spheres

Can't see how it promotes it either........

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ital said:

Vietnamese men, snakeheads, large debts, grow houses, busts, deportation......repeat.

I know you know :yinyang:

• Like 1

I met a couple over the years. 

The one that always sticks in my mind was a young girl. Probably about 19ish.  

She was a right happy lass,  and properly greatful too be doing the job.  

If she hadn't have been the green fingered type she knew full well how she would've been paying off her "loan".

As it goes she was like a grow house trouble shooter in these parts.  If there was a house/unit that wasn't producing the expected quality/output she got moved in for a month to get things back on track.

She was a nice girl.  Didn't mind doing favours for pocket money type, but preferred to be working the gardens than doing that type of thing full time to pay off.  I asked her once how long she had left to pay.  She reckoned she already was.  

She was working to fund her brothers fee over.

Obviously that's only one example. But overall from the few that I met most seemed happy enough.  And didn't regard themselves as slaves.

Asia has a different culture to ours.  Debt is taken more seriously.  And when you owe someone u pay it back. Whatever it takes.  Added to a more submissive(?) nature anyway.... 

Well anyway. Like choppers, I don't condone it, but can't bring myself to condemn it completely either.

Its life Jim. If not as WE know it..

• Like 1

I have met a few,and I lived in asia long enough to realise people aren't dragged kicking and screaming against their will from their homes in lao cai or vung tau and transported all the way across from Vietnam-uk to work as slaves,they are paying off a debt incurred by their wanting to come here,thats not slavery,thats paying your debts,different thing entirely,but it wouldn't look so good in the newspapers.....Vietnamese debt payers found locked in cannabis grow house........doesn't have the shock value.

• Like 2