First home vape

Gerfish

I've just started vaping using a knock off Vape pen, and am now prepared to spend proper money on a home vapouriser.

I smoke at home on my own 90% of the time, mostly herb but I also make hash so after a bit of homework I've kinda settled on the Arizer Extreme Q.

The fan and ability to use a bag aren't deal-breakers but they are a nice bonus.

Can anybody suggest a better vape at this price point?

E-Nano

I used to have the Arizer Extreme Q, it pretty much went on Ebay as soon as I got the E-Nano...pisses all over it.

3 hours ago, cypher79 said:

E-Nano

I used to have the Arizer Extreme Q, it pretty much went on Ebay as soon as I got the E-Nano...pisses all over it.

now you've put the cat among the pigeons....

@cypher79

I had discounted the E nano because of the small load size. And I can't nail down whether it can be used with resin or not?

I'd appreciate your view as I've only read American reviews, and typical Yanks, everything is "awesome"

The most abused word in the American language

Hi, I've been using my Extreme Q for almost a year now and I'm more than happy with it. It gets me where I want to go,it's simple to use and to clean. I rarely use the bags though as I find the whip more convenient when there's just me to hog it lol

It's also my first "proper" vape so I have nothing really to compare to it but I can say I haven't felt the need (yet) to get another model.

Salutations GerFish,

6 hours ago, Gerfish said:

... "awesome"  ...  The most abused word in the American language...

Based on what i'm reading, i think eventually you'll find that's not the only abused word in the wonderful world of vaporism!

15 hours ago, Gerfish said:

...  The fan and ability to use a bag aren't deal-breakers but they are a nice bonus.  ...

Hummm...  Get prepared for a few frustrations IMO.

6 hours ago, Gerfish said:

now you've put the cat among the pigeons...

Indeed, that's another way to put it and lets not forget there's also the eagle keeping an eye on both!...

15 hours ago, Gerfish said:

Can anybody suggest a better vape at this price point?

Euh...  Did you really intend to write the qualificative "better"??

Euh...  Sorry but it's not how i'd release my noble molecules and then carry them to my lungs, ideally avoiding any excess of surface contact if i can help it, in order to preserve aroma/taste while also providing an appropriate form of moisturization, etc.!!

In my opinion it's no rational option to drop good cannabis herbs in a Dry-Baking Ovenizer where its vegetal substrate is forced to thermalize the same as the final target:  tiny resinous trichome glands.

The prospect of leaving my cannabis in such non-sensical devices for 2 ~ 3 minutes no longer appeals to me, for some reason!  I mean, what's the point honestly?  To cause cannabic substrate to generate more tar & cauldron than what's ever being called for or something?  Is that it?!...  Now, the proposal over a computer fan directly inserted within my lungs path sounds gross at best.  Enjoy the view:

344zg9d.jpg 2cykt9i.jpg

Not to mention Arizer was told about it nearly a decade ago and it was never corrected nonetheless, on the contrary...  As a matter of fact the one contribution to the vaporist universe from Arizer which i value happens to be their glassware work, that's it.  Otherwise it's peacock stuff much like with Loto Labs and the ellusive Evoke, etc...

We need to go back to fundamentals as most cannabis users are smokers initially, so it's about finding substitutes for the cigarette/"joint" consumption method to put it simply.

So, looking closer at it the comparison between a cigarette/"joint" and an Arizer doesn't stand due scrutiny for all i can tell.  But then one might argue all vaporists ain't necessarily ex-smokers and he'd be correct.  Still, the 1880-1881 rolling machine that made the cigarette a planetary success had some characteristics that explains its duality:  apparently satisfying & convenient while consumers self-poison themselves...  But how was that even possible in the 1st place?...

This inventor wasn't trying to solve a health issue so he couldn't care less for a "Release/Transport Agent" as i call it.  In cigarettes/"joints" half of the vegetal substrate and noble molecules are burnt to feed a fire meant to vaporize the other half.  Which was effectively working except toxic exhaust got collected with the intended load (...):  hence it can be considered the trade-off for such seemingly pleasant non-restraining experience was a lousy bargain involving toxic contamination. - but it looked "sexy" at a distance and some people even liked the smell, so...

To each his own choices plus associated trade-offs i guess.  Psersonally i managed to figure out what i want most as a Release/Transport Agent and not one year too soon.

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gerfish said:

@cypher79

I had discounted the E nano because of the small load size. And I can't nail down whether it can be used with resin or not?

I'd appreciate your view as I've only read American reviews, and typical Yanks, everything is "awesome"

The most abused word in the American language

Yes the load size is small, but it still gets you surprisingly mashed :) way more than the Arizer ever did. And if you do require a larger load, then just push the screen further back and/or use the 18mm bowl instead of the 14mm one. 

And yes you can use hash in it, just have a layer of weed on either side of the hash so it doesn't melt into the screens.

And btw, I only use my E-Nano with a small bong, it's a lot better that way than with the standard long stem imo.

• Like 2

if you want the best home vape experiance then check out the herborizer ti, great taste, massive clouds.

• Like 1

I was blown away with the puffco pen ,but it's only suited for rosin . Coughed a lot ,drew on it way too hard !

the only vape that has made me pack my bong away is the cloud evo, great taste and very versatile but more expensive than the above mentioned.

Great with flowers hash and oil the only vape you will need.

Hardly ever use the cloud evo since getting the herborizer ti, wipes the floor with evo in effect, flavour and cloud production imo

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, but 200 euro is my absolute limit so that's the Evo and Herborizer

out, and I love my herb so the Puffco is a no.

Hmm....:book:

• 2 weeks later...

been using the Q since March and we do like it, its not the same as a joint and at times I do miss having a joint. Tried the bags a few times but not really liked them, so stick with the whip. The only way to use resin with the Q is to put weed in first, then the resin and then more weed.

• Like 1