Vapourise It!

MrBenn

I've just completed the first test run (there WILL be more) of my homemade vapouriser :stoned:  ;)  ;)  :D

It's the dogs bollox...first time I've ever used one homemade or otherwise and I love it. Especially great 'cos of my recent packing in of cigs.

Build one there CoOl, if you havn't tried it B4 you should....there are lots of plans to build one out there, if you want the ones I used post here and I'll send them to you.

Hmmm, think I'll warm it up again.....might even get the wife trying this...she hates smoking of any kind but I reckon this will suit her :colgate:  :devil:  :colgate: (that's a cunning devil by the way, not an evil one)

:stoned: Please post instrutions.  :colgate:

:dontgetit:  Just had a thought, better do the "vapourising for dummies" version I'm rubbish with a tool kit.  ???

instructions uploaded to my Homepage server but not linked from page. Use the link below....hope this works!

Vapouriser instructions

My version is the absolute basic variety, no tehperature control or thermometer. Still works a treat tho', you can tell if your vapourising or burning from the taste...just unplug when it starts burning, let it cool down a bit and plug back in. :stoned:

Happy Building

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

The instructions I have suggest a metal thimble for a chamber/cap.  Drill a hole in the end, and find a nail that will fit nicely in to the iron!!

Haven't got round to making it yet, but I have most of the bits!!!

My Instructions also have graphical pics rather than ASCII, so let me know if you want them forwarding!

;)  :tounge2:  :stoned:

I found this site..

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/vapors/

heres the relevant info !!

You may already know that the active ingredient in marijuana is THC, and that THC is in the form of a resin that cannabis produces, like microscopic little globs of Karo syrup.  You probably also know that one way to release the THC (or cannabinoids) from the plant is by burning the dried plant.  Unfortunately, when you inhale smoke, you're also inhaling the tar and carcinogens that the burning process creates.

However, if you heat the weed just enough to boil off the THC but not enough to burn the plant, the cannabinoids are released in the form of a vapor that's about twice as potent as smoke, but much easier on your lungs (and, I've heard people say, tastier too).  Vaporizing also saves you money, because you only need to use about half as much weed in your vaporizer as you do in your pipe.  The effect that is produced is slightly different from smoking; sometimes it seems more intense, more euphoric, somewhat cleaner, but I'll leave those subjective judgments to you.

What's to stop you from making your own vaporizer?  Absolutely nothing.  I learned how to build mine by modifying some instructions I found on the Internet.  I describe in detail how I build my vaporizers here, and if you have a fondness for hanging out in hardware stores, there's nothing to stop you from building one for yourself.  However, if you want something that's well-thought out, conscientiously built, and ready to use right out of the box, please consider ordering one of mine.

Each vaporizer starts with an imported hardwood base.  I wire the base securely with a high-quality porcelain light bulb socket.  I attach a cord switch and a plug to six feet of gold electrical cord, and install a 60-watt ceiling fan bulb.  A base liner is cut from thick black vinyl and glued to the base to help create a more airtight seal (but the seal is not, and should not be, completely airtight).

I fashion a bowl from heavy-duty aluminum foil.  (Replacement bowls will need to be made from time to time; it's very easy and I include instructions on how to do this.)  The vapor collection dome is made from thick, high-quality transparent acrylic (available in blue, red, yellow or green) so you can see the vapors as they accumulate. The breathing tube, two feet of food-grade, quarter-inch clear vinyl tubing, is attached to the vapor collection dome by brass hardware.

NewVapor.jpg

To use your Vaporizer, follow these instructions:

Place a small amount of your herb in the bowl.  Until you get a sense of how powerful this appliance really is, use just a small amount.  Try to layer the herb as flat as possible in very small pieces.  (Kif works well, too, as does thinly-sliced hash.)  Place the dome carefully over the top without disturbing the bowl.* If you want to hold the dome down, place your hand comfortably near the base, or just let the dome rest on its own weight. Place your thumb over the end of the breathing tube.

If you like, note the time on a watch or clock that has a second hand. Turn on the light bulb (cord switch). After 90 seconds to 2 minutes, you will see vapors accumulating.

Inhale through the plastic tube slowly for 15-20 seconds, or until you feel that familiar tickle in your lungs.  Hold it inside as long as you like; I generally try to inhale 15-20 seconds, hold 15-20 seconds, and then exhale (and then hyperventilate just a little). Experience will tell you how many times to repeat, but remember that the vapors are about twice as potent as regular smoke, and they're easier on your lungs since they're not full of burnt-up plant material. Enjoy.

To clean your Vaporizer, use whatever cleaning agent you find effective; you may find rubbing alcohol entirely sufficient. I recommend hand-washing.  If you wish to replace the breathing tube, use quarter-inch clear vinyl tubing (1/4" inside diameter, 3/8" outside diameter, available in any well-stocked hardware store).  Replace the bulb with a 60-watt ceiling fan bulb.  Between uses, just pull the COOL foil bowl off the light bulb to discard the dry spent herb. It keeps its shape rather nicely.

It will eventually become necessary to replace the bowl for your herb.  To fashion a new bowl, start with a six-inch square of aluminum foil.  Cut off the corners so you have an equilateral octagon.  Use the cap off a juice bottle (any cylinder with a 1" diameter will do) to shape the bowl; press the center of the square into the inside of the cap, as if you were lining the cap with foil, and mold the overhang to create a rim. Remove the bottle cap; transfer the foil to the light bulb and continue shaping into a useable bowl. Keep as much of the foil in direct contact with the bulb as possible. It is not necessary to have a terribly tall rim.

* Occasionally, buildup of static electricity may cause the herb to jump out of the bowl and stick to the sides of the dome.  If this happens, just rescue your herb, then swab out the inside of the dome with a clean, damp paper towel to absorb the static electricity. Dry thoroughly

Have fun !! ;)  :stoned: