general election '17 and thoughts on politics

rat in a hat

what are everyones thoughts on yet another election we are having. Is it a good strategy for the tories? Lib dems have said they might seek to reverse Article 50 , and is labour really electable with jeremy corbyn?

Apologies.  Sorry if I misjudged you there.

Welcome to the boards @rat in a hat

Hope you like the place buddy.

If you hit the new content button or use the search function and search  a few similar words to your topics title you will easily find several threads devoted to the discussion you seek.

Atb dodge

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rat in a hat said:

im not at all ive obviously made a mistake here so i guess just ignore it. nice welcome tho lol

lol Welcome dude, there's much debate all over the boards about the current politcs mate as Dodgee says, which does tend to get heated sometimes like, be cool man , there's loads here not just all that bollox :v: 

• Like 2

i guess theres a lot of trolls or something then lol..  and thanks dude.. yeah a wealth of info here. cheers will use do that in future

• Like 3

Here is the main thread on the election @rat in a hat

Excuse the sharpness, seems its a common tactic of right/breitbart/ukippers/nazi trolls and the like to join forums and start posting politically inflammatory shit to push their agenda. Often starting in a soft questioning manner such as your own post :yep:

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Having just had a pipe or several I thought to myself, 'Where the fuck have I seen Cornballs slogan before ?" and then I remember'd.........:fart:

:jester:

"KKK organizers come to Saskatchewan in 1926 and raise $160,000 selling memberships. They soon disappear with the money, but are brought back to Canada to face fraud charges."

large.In_Justice.jpg

Vote for ANY of them if you must, just don't have a go at me after :oldtoker:

• 2 weeks later...

Everton legend Neville Southall praised by Jeremy Corbyn for article

Big Nev backing Labour plans to invest Premier League money into grassroots

• 16:18, 27 MAY 2017
  • UPDATED16:45, 27 MAY 2017

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 381SHARES
  •  
Get Everton FC updates directly to your inbox
+ Subscribe

Everton legend Neville Southall has received praise from Jeremy Corbyn.

Southall wrote an article in The Mirror backing the Labour leader’s plans to help grassroots football should he be elected Prime Minister.

And Corbyn responded by describing Southall’s work as an “excellent article”.

Southall wrote: “The billions from Sky and other broadcasters may have transformed the English game and made the Premier League a global brand.

“It may have tempted some of the most talented players to our shores.

“But clubs outside the top flight didn’t share the wealth.

JS27224262.jpg
European Cup Winners Cup Final. Rotterdam, Holland. Everton 3 v Rapid Vienna 1. Everton goalkeeper Neville Southall celebrates with the trophy after the match 15th May 1985.

“And fans didn’t get the best of deals either.

“That’s why I’m fully behind Labour’s plans to deliver a better deal for clubs and fans alike.

JS120464140.jpg
Leader of the Opposition and Leader of the Labour Party Jeremy Corbyn

“Corbyn will ensure 5% of the Premier League’s domestic and international television rights income goes to the grassroots game.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Big Nev concluded his piece by saying: “I might have been a Blue Nose all my life.

“But on June 8 I’ll be a die-hard red. I’ll be backing the man who wants to make the Game Beautiful again.

READ MORE

“A game that can be enjoyed by the many not the few.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-legend-neville-southall-praised-13102554

Edited by PaulHackett