SD cards?

*DJ*

iv been using the same one for a while, not had any problems, flop it in the slot on the laptop and download the pictures easy as ya like, well tonight iv popped it in its slot, nothing, not a jot, theres no recognition at all? anyone?

chrs nice one,

dj...

• Like 1

Try going to device manager and see if your card  slot shows up, its what I'd be checking first. Can't you try the sd card in another device? To see if it's the sd card that might be doing it.

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 1

Failing that clean the copper contacts on the card with a cue tip and some ISO.

the one I used to use did this and was covered in trichs!! lollol 

peace!

lil d.

• Like 2

Sometimes mine doesn't show up at first, I have to open up the file explorer in Windows and it's there showing under the hard drives list.

Edited by cypher79
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

I just shove it in again a few times till it registers 

its been shoved in and out of that hole more times than something shoved in and out of a hole a lot lol

@indicatoker420 I put it back in the camera, its working in there? don't think iv got anything else it fits in? saying that it might fit the car, il see what happens chrs,

thanks @lildaveham il try that too mate, its more than possible :doh: 

@cypher79 il do that first, thanks, blinding,

thanks people, iv got 10 minutes il get on it,

I wonder if its best done with or without a smoke lol 

dj..

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing you've fixed this already but  if not- as you said it works in the camera somethings up with your computers SD port.  

Might be worth checking the port is clear of any guff/lint and clearing it out - if that's fine update everything and reboot/ check device manager again for the SD port and whisper to the PC gods!

• Like 1