Swapping from smoking to vaping

some1

I keep feeling like I really need to smoke lately so I'm gonna try cut out the baccy. I've never had issues with it before, I only put a little bit in my joints to help it burn but I've been smoking more and more recently and I feel like I go through loads more bud than I need to just to satisfy the urge to smoke, my poor lungs are feeling it too :( 

So yeah, I'm gonna buy vapefiends storm vape on payday, I was also looking at the Arizer Air, but with the same technology for half the price I thought I'd go with the site sponsor! Everyone seems pretty happy with theirs.

I'm just worried my high tolerance might be an issue.. I smoke about a gram a day but I can get pretty greedy and put quite a bit in my spliffs :P

Is it hard to adjust to vaping from smoking? Has anyone completely swapped out? 

With handheld vapes like the storm can you chuff away for a bit, or is the load finished in a few pulls? Sorry if this has all been asked before! :P 

Peace :oldtoker:

• Like 2

I quit smoking baccy a couple of years ago and switched to vaping as a result. I may have been lucky but it was an easy transition for me. 

It surprised me how much higher I felt vaping compared to smoking joints mixed with baccy. It's a much clearer and more focused high for me personally although I do find I consume a bit more bud than previously.

I use an Arizer Extreme Q with the bag and I love it. The thing I miss about smoking is the ritual of making and sharing a joint. Vaping seems a bit more "functional" in that sense. 

I do feel a lot healthier since I've packed in smoking all together though, I definitely recommend it.

• Like 9

I left smoking for vaping a few years ago haven't looked back I do still have a pure joint on ocasion but day to day I vape, I find the high much more sophisticated and I get higher then when I smoke although I use about the same amount. I have a little portable vape that I take around with me, also makes sharing much easier. 

• Like 6

I quit tobacco and joints three and half years ago, best thing I ever did.

I bought the arizer solo and an Ecig Mod, never looked back....

As already mentioned the buzz is 'different' and ultimately better, certainly better for my lungs, coughing was so bad with J's, sometimes I was tasting arsehole......

I also have the storm which is ok as a backup but it gets a bit too warm for me.

Go for it bud:yep:

atb

stu:oldtoker:

• Like 9

Go for it, it'll take a while to get used to not getting high on nicotine and carbon dioxide, but after a while things will suddenly click and you'll be higher than you've ever been before. Good luck fella.

• Like 8

Go for it dude! 

I quit smoking tobacco and spliffs just over 2 years ago now and replaced solely with vaping. 

Best thing I ever did, it's just the nicest thing ever not to be held in the "shackles" of smoking. Not worrying about being without a lighter. Shit, I've just used my last rizla. Trying to roll up in the rain, all that bollocks. I feel a lot healthier for it as well! 

Does take a little while to settle into vaping almost, you might feel for the first week or two that it's not really getting you high. It's a very different sort of high and a lot more of a clean feeling. 

Once you get into vaping you'll never look back. The flavours alone are fucking incredible. After a few weeks / months of vaping you'll bang all your nicest bud into a blunt/spliff whatever to burn it and it'll taste no fucking different to a cigarette. Combustion really is nasty. 

No more stinking like an ashtray / yellow fingers / ash everywhere / bits of backy all over your car / your entire house stinking up with weed!! 

I can't think of a single downside of vaping really. Other than maybe running out of battery. Or it being a bit of a mission to explain to people how to use the device. 

• Like 13

I gave up smoking cigs about 3 years ago with the help of a ecig but was still using bacca in my joints till last October.I reckoned i was still addicted to bacca via the joint and this was slowly killing me.

I bought the herbal air with is ok but it was hassle warming it up or the seals would not make leads and tubes all over the place.I then tried the iolite vape  but was to light weight.Then i stumbled across the black sub herb vape, which fits on your ecig battery.This worked well until i dropped it and being made of glass smashed,at £45 a go i would not be replacing it.So i found a cheaper version that works great for £15 it gives you that throat hit and clean high.

My wife could not take to it so she has gone down the edible method using coconut oil infused with weed.

I still miss that rolling a joint and taking a toke rigmarole but i would not go back.

good luck 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@welshting

The major problem and downside with vaping is....... running out of weed!........boom tsh!........I thank you........:rofl:

Ahh, but you say that! But when you run out of weed, you turn to your trusty jar full of AVB (Already Vaped Bud for the people new to vaping). And cook all your spent weed into the most sedating fucking canna butter you'll ever come across! lol 

Vaping, the method that just keeps on giving :hippy:

• Like 4

@some1 gave up anything nicotine related after 41 years of addiction just under 8 weeks ago along with the missus. I agree with what others have said, the flavour is unreal and I now think what a bloody fool I was for ruining my herb with tobacco! This has really been a massive change in my thinking after so long but I really cant see myself going back to it now..... all thanks to vaping really. @Dinafem-Mark kindly sent me a spare Herbalizer deluxe one he had and after trying it I was sold on the concept but needed a bigger home unit for the wife and I plus kids, when they are home, or friends. So after much reading went with the Vapexhale Evo with a mini turbine as it was recommended for best flavour, very pricey but cant put a price on health so thought fuck it lol

OMG am I glad I did having been chasing the initial high for all my life I now surpass it every time I pick up my Evo :yahoo:

• Like 9

@welshting

I've never been one for edibles of any sort, not since the winter of 1969 and some acid........

Once you've swallowed then you are on the 'skylark' and you 'aint getting off 'til the ride's over....good or bad!:puke:

Sorta like fish.......I had fish poisoning at 13 yoa and haven't swallowed any since......:puke:

Edited by stu914
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, stu914 said:

@welshting

I've never been one for edibles of any sort, not since the winter of 1969 and some acid........

Once you've swallowed then you are on the 'skylark' and you 'aint getting off 'til the ride's over....good or bad!:puke:

Sorta like fish.......I had fish poisoning at 13 yoa and haven't swallowed any since......:puke:

aha well there is that, and I know what you mean.

Trick is just to start small really and see how that pans out. I know for a fact that if I make use about 1.5oz of AVB in coconut oil it takes me around 1 to 2 teaspoons for a nice effect topped up with a little bit of vaping.

• Like 1

@some1 you gonna be changing your avatar soon lol 

Go for it mate you will not regret it.  What I have noticed is some consume less bud when they vape rather than smoke it.  But I find I vape twice as much bud than when I used to smoke it neat.  I put this down to going from spliffs with tobacco to vapeing bud on its own where as I went from pure skinners and bongs to vaping.

I would like to suggest you get a OG Vapcap rather than a Storm as a first vape.  I used my Storm for about three days and decided I didn't like it.  No flavour and too hot, even with the glass mouth piece.  I would also go and have a look on Fuck Combustion they have all the info you need on any vape you might consider buying.  I am pretty sure you will not be happy very long with a Storm imo.

Edited by DomTong
  • Like 4

The Storm was the vape that let me quit combusting. Definitely get the glass mouthpiece, it totally transforms it.

I now use a vapcap og, which is just fantastic, and also nearly captures the rolling/smoking ritual of a spliff.

As others have said, stick with the vaping, at first it will feel like something is missing, but once it clicks it is way nicer than smoking

• Like 3