Dicky dabstar

VikingDee

My dabstar has stopped working. The light on it comes on and goes off as and when it chooses. Do you think the battery's packed in? It started after a charge

No mate I think it might be the coil now. I'm going try the ceramic bowl on it but need soak it in ISO first it's welded

Must be the battery as the ceramic bowl doesn't work either. Quite surprised as I don't think it's had enough hammer to pack in already. Might invest in a big boy battery. But I think I want something I can smoke herbs in to as a priority for the missus to smoke

I'd give the battery contacts a clean with a little iso or something if you can and make sure the centre pins of the battery and the atomiser part aren't stuck in a depressed position and actually making contact when screwed together.

When I used to vape with that style of batteries the centre pin would often get stuck in a depressed position so it wouldn't make a good contact with the atomiser centre pin. Cleaning up the contacts and pulling the centre pins out of the rubbery grommets that hold them in place a little would usually fix that.

• Like 4

:thumsup:

It's probably the centre pin on the charger pushing the battery centre pin in too far when you screw it in (and getting stuck in that position) then m8.

When you put them on to charge, I found it best to feel for it making a good connection and look for the charging light coming on and try not to overtighten when you screw it in position.

I still had to use my trusty fawceps to pull the pin back out again too often for my liking tho tbh ;)

It's actually a dabstorm I've got, not a dabstar I must have been stoned. Does anybody know if you can get a mod for dry herbs that fits it!