XBOne won't restart after initial setup update

sam-i-am

Hi folks,

Got a bit of a situation with Christmas present and could do with some advice.

Got a brand new out of box xbox one for kids for Christmas and after going through initial setup downloaded updates but console didn't reboot as it should, then found that it wouldn't switch on at all.

Checked all over and lots of places say to unplug everything and leave, whic we've done, plug directly into wall, done but still it won't work...

Anyone out there know what to do? Would be nice for kids to try it out on Christmas 🎅 day....

Thanks in advance :)

Sometimes after all the initial install or update shit consoles can take time to turn back on. They do the update stuff then they turn off. Then don't turn on for a while. Give it some time. If it still doesn't work :

Is the light on the power brick on ?

If so what colour light is on your power brick ?

Is your power brick plugged in directly to a wall socket, or is it plugged in to a multi-socket extension ?

They tend not to like being plugged into extensions, so try unplugging it and plug it into a wall socket.

Sorry, best advice I can offer. Hope you sort it out for you kids :) Wish I could help more.

• Like 1

What you need mate is a hammer. The bigger the better. Twat it three times (careful now), and it should fire up.

Alternatively, send it back. Ballache man, not what you need on Christmas day.

• Like 3

Thanks @@Boojum it's possible that you could be right about the time thing, have tried again and it's come on, currently applying update, all fingers crossed, fuck me it's tense, keeps flicking off...

• Like 2

Hope it works. The 'update' thing is a fucking pisstake, and can take AGES, but just leave it. It will do its thing, then turn off. Then be off for far longer than you expect it to be. It may do it more than once :angry: But just leave it to do it's thing and eventally it will turn on :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

It's working, yay :) 10 hours to update, doesn't bode well, :unsure: never had this problem with the 360...

Edited by sam-i-am

It's working, yay :) 10 hours to update, doesn't bode well, :unsure: never had this problem with the 360...

:yahoo:

Glad it's working.

It's just par for the course, unfortunately :(

Now that it's updated with everything it shouldn't take so much time again. But be warned, occasionally they do do 'system updates' which you have to have, and they can take time too. It's all just downloading stuff, so it depends on how fast your internet is. Now that it's all up to date it shouldn't take too long, but be prepared, every now and then there will be an 'update' which you have to have.

• Like 2