Best Game Music

Boojum

This thread has gone totally off topic, but do you remember being a computer game player back in the day ?

When you had to load the game from a cassette player - you had to decide what game you wanted to play, then put the tape in the cassette player, start loading it, then go and do something else for then next ten/twenty.thirty minutes lol And if the tape was bad, the game wouldn't load, so you had to start again :doh:

You had to wait at least ten minutes just to play a game, so you could be damn sure you played the fuck out of it lol

I challenge any kid nowadays to play Manic Miner. To wait for ages for it to load and then play it for 5 hours straight, because if you want to play another game you're gonna have to turn it all off and then spend 10 minutes loading the next game lol I finished it, just because I had to, I kept playing it over and over again until I finished the fucker, it wasn't being good at a game, it was just sheer bloody-mindedness, I WILL NOT BE BEATEN lol I'm playing this game and I'm not gonna wait half an hour to play another, so I'm playing this game to death lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

This thread has gone totally off topic, but do you remember being a computer game player back in the day ?

When you had to load the game from a cassette player - you had to decide what game you wanted to play, then put the tape in the cassette player, start loading it, then go and do something else for then next ten/twenty.thirty minutes lol And if the tape was bad, the game wouldn't load, so you had to start again :doh:

You had to wait at least ten minutes just to play a game, so you could be damn sure you played the fuck out of it lol

I challenge any kid nowadays to play Manic Miner. To wait for ages for it to load and then play it for 5 hours straight, because if you want to play another game you're gonna have to turn it all off and then spend 10 minutes loading the next game lol I finished it, just because I had to, I kept playing it over and over again until I finished the fucker, it wasn't being good at a game, it was just sheer bloody-mindedness, I WILL NOT BE BEATEN lol I'm playing this game and I'm not gonna wait half an hour to play another, so I'm playing this game to death lol

And no-one would really know why the sounds transferred from cassette, to computer, enabled a (shitty) game to be played, if you had good karma!

Ooooooooow eeeeeeeeeeeh oooooooooow. Ech eeech ecch eeeeech. Oooooooow eeeey oooooh.

lol I used to sit there and listen to my games loading lol

I was a strange child lol

Ooooooooow eeeeeeeeeeeh oooooooooow. Ech eeech ecch eeeeech. Oooooooow eeeey oooooh.

Me too, but did you understand the binary/hex (actually not sure what they used?) It was like a magickal conjuration.

But Manic Miner was worth it :)

Edited by worzel

I loved the way you could have stupid amounts of aftertouch on long range shots in Kick Off, for some spectacular goals lol

Edited by worzel

Me too, but did you understand the binary/hex (actually not sure what they used?) It was like a magickal conjuration.

But Manic Miner was worth it :)

I remember this winter Olympics game that used to eat joysticks; it was this cross country skiing bit and you had to whack the joystick around

And if you moved the joystick (or the fucked joystick moved itself) while loading you ended up putting 6 or 7 or 9 or 8 into the game (the joystick default keys) and the game would end up a little odd

How much fun I had being chased by the number 9 instead of a guard in Into the Eagles Nest

Simpler times really :)

I've said this before, but the most satisfaction I ever got from finishing a game was finishing the likes of Shinobi and Ghosts n Goblins on one credit. Most console games I can't be bothered finishing - I could finish them, I just can't be bothered, I've played them all I want to and I don't care about 'achievements' (the whole achievement/trophy thing on Xbox and PS4 entirely misses me - I don't care about achievements, I don't want to collect all the stupid shitty collectables just to get an achievement, that's meaningless, I don't care). Finishing Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 - that was an achievement. But it doesn't come close to finishing Shinobi or Ghosts n Goblins on one credit. Games are just too easy now (walks away mumbling, like Albert Steptoe, bloody kids nowadays, mumble mumble mumble lol )

• Like 1

I used to like the sea shanties on that pirate game, can't for tjhe life of me remembver its name, some sort of assassin game. Sorry, bit wrecked.lol

Elite Dangerous is a really good space game, and the soundtrack adapts well to the different situations a player might be in. Elite audio is exceptional in many ways.

Game music for me is a big thing and needs to be spot on for a more immersive experience, same with films really, if it's wrong for the visuals, it does stick out like a sore thumb and the 'eperience' is never as good.

@@Boojum I've got to agree aon the Elder Scrolls music for sure and the music is one of my fave things about Skyrim (sends my missus off to sleep and if a late one my eyes get heavy with it and been know to nod off whilst playing it lol

• Like 1

I used to like the sea shanties on that pirate game, can't for tjhe life of me remembver its name, some sort of assassin game. Sorry, bit wrecked. lol

Assassin's Creed Black Flag :)

Loved the sea shanties. I was singing this one to myself for months lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1