Help with Hotmail

Comrade Stoker

Hi all

I am up shits creek with something and I need help, I would be very grateful if anyone can help.

I have a load of emails in a hotmail account and I need to forward them as a bulk. This cannot be done in Hotmail. Is there a way I could download a mail client and get those emails into that client, from there, I could get them saved. I have a Mac and a PC. Ideally, I don't want to pay for Outlook client and I really need this to work without a massive amount of fucking around as I am under the cosh on every front at the moment.

Any help would be rewarded with a genuine Blue Peter Badge.

Thank you.

I think you used to be able to connect to hotmail via outlook, not sure if you still can though. I would imagine if you do that it would download your whole inbox to your PC for you.

Is it definitely not possible to export the email? Just I found this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/how-do-i-save-my-emails-and-folders-in-my-hotmail/20b399bd-c006-46ff-a31c-974e682352fb?msgId=7d71584b-f3ef-4772-a567-1bcd5778a02d

Alternatively your second idea should work, download Mozilla Thunderbird, pull all your emails from Hotmail down then export them.

lol just read again and saw that you said you didn't want to pay for outlook... silly me... you know you can get a trial version of it though?

I've just bought an Outlook client for my Tablet. I fucking hope it works. I'm up to my eyes in jobs, I am trying to bat them out, one by one. Thanks folks.

I have done this before with mac mail. One you get the email setup & downloaded all the messages you can export the mailbox afair.

bit late now.

Now the fucking Outlook client wont download, its hanging. Everything I've touched today has proved to be hard work, its always the case when there's loads to do. I cant wait till the weekend, I'm going to get proper fucked up on all sorts.

Edited by Comrade Stoker
  • Like 1

can't help with the emails man but i'll wish you the very best of luck with your getting proper fucked up on all sorts endeavours.

Edited by solarchild
  • Like 4

It did work on Mac Mail :doh: so I'm now the proud owner of a fucking Outlook client that I don't need lol. I don't care though, I can see the good times ahead, I'm nearly done :yahoo:

I'm going to get right on it this weekend, a fucking cocktail of drugs, Im going to be like a cross between Oliver Reed and Bez off of the Happy Mondays.

Edited by Comrade Stoker
  • Like 3