Non carborundum illigitemae.

landsker

Surfing, as one does, and I saw this, inspiration.

Published on Friday, March 4th 2005

By DAVID KNOX

TYNEDALE’S cannabis-cooking granny Patricia Tabram is bidding to become an MP.

The 66-year-old from Humshaugh will be sentenced at Newcastle Crown Court next week on a charge of possessing cannabis with intent to supply.

Police seized 242 grammes of the drug – worth over £800 – during a raid last year at her home, and also confiscated 31 cannabis plants.

But the former chef is pinning her hopes on staying out of prison – and entering the campaign trail at the General Election.

Mrs Tabram will challenge Labour MP and leader of the House of Commons Peter Hain, for his Neath seat in South Wales.

She said: “I was at the Legalise Cannabis Alliance conference last week in Norwich and they have asked me to be their candidate.

“The Legalise Cannabis Alliance say I’m their face of middle England.”

Since pleading guilty to possessing cannabis in January, Mrs Tabram has become the face of an elderly generation who take the drug for medicinal purposes. And her small semi-detached bungalow in Humshaugh has become a campaigning headquarters.

Over the past few weeks, with help from friends, the widow has been writing to every MP in the country.

Accompanying each of the 659 letters is a nine-page report into the side-effects of prescribed drugs.

She said: “I am hoping at least one MP will listen. I gave this report to Tony Blair three weeks ago with a letter I took to Downing Street but I’s had no reply.

“Whatever happens at court next week I won’t be giving cannabis up. The police will just have to keep coming round and taking my food away.”

:headpain:

A nothing butt,

A blur of hair,

was Anthony Blair,

Laid bare,

Herr Blair.

Then again,

There was Hain,

Perma-tan,

Pink and vain,

Hoarse and blunt,

Berkshire hunt.

There could be a strong notion to declare Wales an independent state, with freedom both for speakers of Welsh and users of the herb.

Would Bush and Blair invade?

Would other herb nations such as Holland or Spain lend support?

Why does Wales support the New labour drug plan,when "Our Pat", has such better ways of staving off the advances of age.

Could there be pressure from the private sector nursing homes?

Perhaps they fear a lessening of trade, as thousands of 21st century pensioners puff quietly on the produce of their own gardens, a future where allotments are once again in demand.

A future where pensioners are free to grow and exchange the herb of their choice, ... free from being a cash cow for the pharmeceuticals, being milked for every last penny of their paltry pittances that pass for pensions, enough I tell you, enough...

Oh balls, I`m getting my walking stick, and I`m off to protest... ;):D

Edited by landsker

Guest stone win

Nice posting... :thumsup: ....she's so excelent,and her exceedingly weedingly good cakes, are the best..... and I hope that she goes on Ready Steady Cook....Master Chef.....cant cook, wont cook....food bites..etc :yinyang: winstone ;)