Android phones

Superdedupity

Wileyfox Swift

Open and unlocked. Duel sim. (handy if you want say a sim with cheap data and another with cheaper calls/text)

120 brand-new. And the specs put many brands to shame.

A British brand too iirc. (for those that care about that stuff)

Worth a look mate.

• Like 3

I'd get a xiaomi redmi 3 pro , its 4g , a 5" screen and has fingerprint protection for under £100,

but teenagers just want the brand name.. its like when mum used to buy us the hi-tek trainers instead of nike :)

Fuck the cult of Apple, get him an iPhone and you risk creating another "apple fanboy" monster, not to mention all the manufactured obsolescence, restricted functionality and shady business practices.

I'm still rocking an LG G2 and its still an excellent phone comparably for its age (a whole 3 years old! shocker! lol), I have no reason to upgrade personally. but have updated the rom to the newest Cyanogen Android, and it look and works beautifully. You can pick them up for around 80-90 from fleabay.

eta: The thing with the cheaper/chinese phones is the processors and chipsets a lot of them use (Mediatek etc) just arent as good as the "premium" manufacturers that normally use Qualcomm chips (at least in most of their higher end models), the Mediateks and the like can still offer a lot of grunt, but tend to use older architecture, for example when they say octocore, they may just layering be up a few old A7 architecture cores, whereas Qualcomm use newer A series (cores with smaller (10nm) design, so even a quad core A9 would outperform the A7 octo in general use, and be a lot more energy efficient (more battery life), and fully compatible with all the fancy graphical effects that android games offer these days, whereas the cheaper chipsets can often give graphical errors.

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 1

Had iPhones, galaxys, moto g's and have to say its the best bang for buck, apple can do one :upside:

I second this... Moto g gets my vote... 2nd gen can expand on memory I think... Which is needed I had the 8gb with no expansion and memory was a real issue
  • Like 1

@@MacGanja honestly the moto g series is basically built for Tesco mobile and is pretty poor as well but still a hell of a lot cheaper than bigger names with the same hardware

The best thing you can do to save on cash when buying a new phone is to shop by hardware spec and not brand and interface, apple phones run slow as fuck as do android but have os user interface that hides the fact with smoke n mirrors

Dunno if this breaks the rules but peck it, Google qubot note s amazon will b about 60 bucks phones like this and ones like it are the ticket same for tablets btw beats the arse off apple shit for fraction the cost

Any mobile repair shop will tell you this as well, Samsung apple etc are a fashion accessories, and as far as your little one wanting one goes, sell them the cheaper better one on the back of it simply being better show them the spec and tell them how clever they are for making the smarter more informed choice and how stupid the vast majority of folk are for buying into expensive social fashion scams like the iphone which is clearly a rip off, theres an early life lesson to be learned their for sure, rant over, I hate apple btw :boxing:

• Like 1

Sorry to rant on like that but these poor quality rip off by design devices are fucking evil as it is without one costing 600, its like doggies nuts seeds :doh: pay top dollar get the worst

This Umi Super is working fantastically - 4gb Ram, 32gb Rom, FHD screen, fingerprint scanner, decent camera etc. - can't fault it :D

• Like 1

I've got a Smart Ultra 6 myself, paid £100 for it back in June and for the money it's great. 5.5" screen, FHD 1920 x 1080 and runs smooth. The camera isn't brilliant, but for £100 it was a bargain. There's a Smart Ultra 7 out now for about £135, but I don't know what they're like? I just won't pay big money for a phone, although I can afford it, I just refuse to pay it.

Edited by Casey Jones