sky broadband?

*DJ*

No. I'm on Sky since Monday, (3rd), it's the 3rd provider ive had at this address and the worst speeds ive had...In fact ive a week left of my cooling off period and am seriously debating to change back.

is it any good?

dj..

touch wood n all that Ive had it for years and never had any problems but i dont do anything special just surfin and downloading a few youtube vids suppose it depends what area you are in for download speeds ect

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 2

Depends what you need it for and your area. Ask about with your neighbors and see how they get on with their connection.

• Like 4

Dunno, but I wouldn't get Sky anything just on principle, that cunt Murdoch isn't getting a penny out of me if I can help it.

I'm on BT fibre and I've had no problems, can watch HD sport & movies on KODI, play online games on my PS4 etc. My old BT, years ago, before the fibre optic, was shite, the connection fucked up every time it rained :frown: but since going to the fibre optic one it's been great :)

• Like 4

its all I use it for too @Jimboo virgin is proper shyt, iv done the 18mth whatever it was contract, their sacked, so I signed with sky,(first add I see when id made my mind up) more out of no wanting this shyt interweb/tv signal anymore than anything else, its about half the price too, you know how it is, you drag stuff out id don't get done, lets just hope I aint done a wrong one lol

dj..

But if you do go with them, online deal is a 100 pound pre loaded mastercard. Phone them instead saying you're trying to sign up online but having problems, they'll do it with you over the phone. Say the prime reason you chose Sky was the cash, they can not do the cards over the phone so they will put 100 pound credit onto your account instead.

Edited by Mr Wendle
  • Like 4

@dj googe will tell you who the best internet provider is for your area, everywheres different.

i recently ditched sky (tv and broadband) but went back to them for my broadband. i'll be ditching them again as soon as i find someone better.

I grudge giving murdoch any money but he has his finger in so many pies its hard not too

• Like 2

@dj googe will tell you who the best internet provider is for your area, everywheres different.

i recently ditched sky (tv and broadband) but went back to them for my broadband. i'll be ditching them again as soon as i find someone better.

I grudge giving murdoch any money but he has his finger in so many pies its hard not too

Aye, the pie fingering twat lol

Sorry, the bloody mary for breakfast to mediate my hangover was perhaps a tactical error, finishing the bottle of vodka in a pint glass topped up with Pepsi was an even bigger one, drinking the 4 cans of Holsten that were sitting on the shelf was just compounding the error :rolleyes: Going to buy another bottle of vodka will be a really, really bad plan, but I know I'm gonna do it :doh:

• Like 4

But if you do go with them, online deal is a 100 pound pre loaded mastercard. Phone them instead saying you're trying to sign up online but having problems, they'll do it with you over the phone. Say the prime reason you chose Sky was the cash, they can not do the cards over the phone so they will put 100 pound credit onto your account instead.

atm you can chose between a lenovo laptop or 32" LG tv from them, the laptop aint up to much though, its more of a netbook than a laptop.

@*DJ*

check how fast the average sky broadband speed is for your area mate, and see if it's any better than what your using atm. if you type broadband speed checker into your browser it will give you lots of sites that you can find out what's the best provider for your postcode.

• Like 2

you need to reign down hell on them over the phone.. otherwise they will mess with your speeds at peak hours.. say you work from home and need the bandwidth for streaming and uploading. stress that you need the higher speeds or your going elsewhere...

and then , as if by magic , your connection will somehow be faster with less latency .. funny how they can press the magic button and this works !

• Like 1

Aye, the pie fingering twat lol

Sorry, the bloody mary for breakfast to mediate my hangover was perhaps a tactical error, finishing the bottle of vodka in a pint glass topped up with Pepsi was an even bigger one, drinking the 4 cans of Holsten that were sitting on the shelf was just compounding the error :rolleyes: Going to buy another bottle of vodka will be a really, really bad plan, but I know I'm gonna do it :doh:

The best laid plans of mice and men.....

Guilty myself. More often than I care to admit..

• Like 1

Gonna give out one of best ever tips here.

If it bites me when everyone starts using it I may regret this post..

(This will work with nearly all major providers btw)

You know when u phone the bastards? When u got a problem like. Signal/TV/speed/WiFi/phone/bill/query whatever...

You get the machine. You get the options. You get another machine. More options.

Another machine. More options. More of the same machine. More options. Etc etc etc so on m so forth until

A) the machine finally tells u it can no longer help and you should call back on the exact same number you were just talking to it on.

B) you get though to a person who speaks 4 languages in multiple dialects (often simultaneously it can seem) however none of them appears to be the mother tongue of the nation yr calling from.

C) You either beat the phone to death against the wall or yrself to death using the phone.

Well u can skip all that shit immediately at the first round of options with bt I'm pretty sure it's number 4 but they may ha cb e changed it anyway whatever...

Opt 1 if yr blah blah

Opt2 if yr blah blah blah

Opt 3 if yr blah blah blah blah

Opt4/whatever:

IF YR THINKING OF LEAVING US.

Select that ^^^ bad boy.

An get

BZZZ BZZZ "Hi hello Mr xxxxxxx, our most highly valued treasured customer, how many shades of suck would you like me too apply to yr various apertures today?

Of course yr bill is too high! Obviously how could anybody not see that?

Well yes yr broadband is too slow, some idiot hasn't upgraded u too the new super-duper (insert bolloxs of choice)

Do you realise yr not getting all the channels u could be for less money if I just (push this button) change yr package!?!

*In absolute perfect English/Welsh/Spanish/French/German (insert local language too suit.)

Every time without fail.

IF YOUR THINKING OF LEAVING US.

our as I now call It 'the miracle option'

Does anything n everything no other option can or will.

Try it.

• Like 5