Google Chrome & youtube vid sounds

Joint hogger

Does anyone else have problems with using Chrome & watching youtube vids ?

probably about a third of all youtube vids wont play any sound, even when I go direct to youtube the sound is still missing

but if i copy the vid link onto mozilla it plays ok, weird.

Bit off topic, but kinda related.

I use Maxthon for browsing and it completely blocks all ads on YouTube. Quite handy.

It also has a dual engine at it's core so if you get issues with a Web page you can try it with the other engine to see if it's any better.

Might be a crappy little virus, be worth running malwarebytes or something. Kinda related, a while back my wireless mouse started going to shit. Over a week or so the index button seemed to fail more every day, it got to the stage it was taking 5-6 clicks to connect. Was about to throw it in the bin and go buy a new one.

Anyhow I ran the malwarebytes, it picked up a couple bits and pieces and ever since the mouse has worked like its new. I don't know what type of cunt it takes to sit there and write viral codes that inhibit folks mouse function, but there ya go :v:

doesnt block sound out completely but some videos are whisper quiet at full volume whilst others are proper deafening. No virus/malware/adware or whatever my machine either

ran malware then cccleaner & its still happening, either its connected or my version of chrome is affected,

fuck it I might go back to using mozilla as that seems to have improved since I last used it & it was quite buggy.

If you are talking about Google Chrome the browser, I used to have big problems that started after a Flash update.

To cut to the chase, the problem was with Flash. The solution was to uninstall it completely with the uninstaller from the Adobe website.

I could have then re-installed it but I chose to leave flash off and use the built in player in Chrome (and/or HTML5). The broken Adobe flash player was interfering with built in one in Chrome and nothing was playing properly.

Worth a try perhaps. Thanks to the member who helped me to sort out the problem.

Edited by Bird