There is likely going to be a general election soon. If Corbyn was smart he'd be in touch with libs, SNP, Plaid Cymru and the greens to make electoral pacts to concentrate their respective votes in each constituency.

Lab and the Libs have never been more alike and have never needed each other more urgently. More importantly their country has never needed them more. The tories can be beaten this way and a new, inclusive, representative government could emerge. The alternative is a scary neo-con govt pursuing an imperialist agenda.

With a significant mandate from the electorate a decent form of PR could be brought in and politics here would be changed forever.

Is this allowed? Honestly it is the only way I can see the party having a chance to win the next election after Blair and co have finished with it.

Big opportunity coming. I hope Labour can grasp the moment after it has ridden itself of the closet tories within its ranks.

Edited by Virgeels

I don't think Blair has much to do with people turning away from Labor these days.. They didn't lose the General Election, they let the Tories win.

I had hoped that Corbyn was the one to lead them into a new more left party, but sadly even though he may be a great chap he doesn't have the respect of many of his party's top dogs, and many feel he needs to go, something I cant see him clawing back from..

I hope the General Election holds off for a while tbh.. A huge portion of the reason I voted to leave the EU was based on politics in the UK needing a drastic change, something the EU has failed to deliver and IMO blocked.

5 days without EU and the backstabbing hypocrite Tory league of wankers has been turned on its head. So I pray that labor, and the lib dems, green etc have at least a year to get they're parties together and wave goodbye to the Tories for the following 10 years of my life.

GV.

• Like 1

I don't think Blair has much to do with people turning away from Labor these days.. They didn't lose the General Election, they let the Tories win.

I had hoped that Corbyn was the one to lead them into a new more left party, but sadly even though he may be a great chap he doesn't have the respect of many of his party's top dogs, and many feel he needs to go, something I cant see him clawing back from..

I hope the General Election holds off for a while tbh.. A huge portion of the reason I voted to leave the EU was based on politics in the UK needing a drastic change, something the EU has failed to deliver and IMO blocked.

5 days without EU and the backstabbing hypocrite Tory league of wankers has been turned on its head. So I pray that labor, and the lib dems, green etc have at least a year to get they're parties together and wave goodbye to the Tories for the following 10 years of my life.

GV.

This is my point. If they can stop fighting amonst themselves and work out a deal where they all get what they want they could smash the tories at the next election. We'd then have a centre left govt with a good mandate for populist policies.

This is my point. If they can stop fighting amonst themselves and work out a deal where they all get what they want they could smash the tories at the next election. We'd then have a centre left govt with a good mandate for populist policies.

I fully agree mate.. Once Labor have sorted out they're issues and Corbyn has either grown into a leader or been replaced hopefully they put it all behind them and get on with removing the Tories from tearing the UK to pieces..

This is also why I am hoping Scotland stay around to see how things go before leaving the UK. Maybe they're issues with Westminster will be less volatile with the Tories gone and we can finally all breath a sigh of relief..