have wychwood done it again?

*DJ*

their c- 201 rods, they look the bollox, I like the one with cork handles, there dead ringers for free spirit blanks... again.. its common knowledge they used the same blanks from the same factory when they brought out their x weave yrs ago, im thinking il invest before they go through the roof, or sell out? what are we thinking? have they slipped in the same factory again for these beauty's ?

dj...

• Like 1

@@*DJ*

A good mate of mine has just invested in 3 in cork. They look bang on for the money he paid for them, he got a good deal on 3 off Ebay. Half tempted to get myself 2 of the lower TC to use for river carping :yep:

• Like 1

im after another car, what with the money the work in the yard is costing, im struggling a bit, but iv seen these sexy beasts, (they had me with the words "black sea rings") the car will have to be a bit older than I hoped, im feeling new rods reels and alarms this summer! lol

dj...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at the wychwood spod reel complete with braid for 50 quid.

Never spodded before but have been invited to go to Furzebray lake end of June so my lad said I will deffo need one.

Last few weeks I have been doing more fishing with my two carp rods than I usually do.

Been setting up and leaving the two rods out before getting feeder and waggler out. Had some nice results . Then decided to stick the feeder rod out and was catching good sized carp, such excitement landing them with an 8lb breaking strain on a 10ft feeder :)

Yes, its the standard screw in type ones, you van get them in Argos, halfords etc but the best value are the 12 packs you can get online in fishing shops like Eric's Angling.

I get a mix of C500 sizes (larger cans) for session fishing and the c250 size for days. I used to have the briefcase size stove for years and its cheap, but for size\weight and general ease these bulins (or any of the pack down stoves) are a lot better. The bulin has a gas pre-warmer which makes all the differece if you are a winter angler. I will admit in the last few years I pussy out of overnighters in January, but in keener times having the gas barely ignite/move due to the cold and taking literally 20mins to boil your water is a shitter!

Edited by GreenOval
  • Like 1

To add to the post, although I have never owned a wychwood rod, quite a few of the boys at the club had a few of the mesh carbon models and they are really decent rods. They more than stood up to any of the custom made rods (including my own when I spent more than I could afford on a set of free spirit eclass 13ft customs).

I'm of the opinion that the principle of diminishing returns is so applicable to the modern day casting blanks for maybe up to 150yds. There's a 160yd swim on our club lake and often on a Sunday at packing up time you go and have a few casts with the boys rods (especially when someone turns up with new gear and everyone wants a go!). Anyway, unless there is shocking line on the reel most rods are being cast out 140yds minimum by the big casters, from the budget Chubb ones through to the customs.

• Like 3

sorry @Villan never see your post, cookers? lol how ya been mate? not seen ya about for ages? I use those little stoves in a plastic case and the cheap Tesco single burners I got for a few £ in the sale, there proper sturdy, if no a main cooker, they don't take any room as a spare, they boil a kettle double quick, most important! :wassnnme:

dj..

iv been on the phone to a few tackle shops, can I say ROBBING SOUTHERN BARSTEWARDS" without being racist? lol or areaist? there £20 cheaper up north, £69 and £89? that's a fare difference, I found a add for £64, didn't save it, prick, I looked at so many they all blurred, anyways, Im on these fuckers soon as my wages land, free p and p too ffs!

Edited by *DJ*

Alreet DJ, am good ta m8, overworked and underpaid as usual :) I haven't bought a cooker yet, am still using the trago mills one at the moment, they just lose all their power when the canister is half empty :(

Am off up the tackle shop in a bit as me youngest has booked us a weekend at Furzebray Lakes soon so am mad excited about although a little apprehensive. Have re-spooled all my reels with touchdown 15lb and got some different baits to try out. New rigs to put on today and then will check if everything will fit on the barrow :)

Hope all is good with you m8

Vill

Edited by The Villan

all good thanks mate, nearly booked there myself last yr, it all looked very smart, nice place to wet a line, had a few complaints about driving that far for a few days fishing though, so we booked grey lady lakes instead, (its a rat infested puddle in Essex) was shyt! lol more like a free range rat farm after dark, left the front to my brolly indoors as well, spent 2 nights swinging a rolled up carp talk at them, trying to keep the fuckers off my bait buckets, knew we shouldn't have gone down there :rolleyes: going myself next week, only a few nights, first time out proper this yr, got to get some end tackle the weekend, was waiting until I get my new set up, fuck that though cant wait, :) im doing a few nights at newlands hall to get my aim in, then a few of us are joining CAPS this year (Colchester angling preservation society) see if we can bank a few big cats in the summer! :P nearly forgot, license must buy one, what they saying this yr? last one I bought was £27, I don't want to look this yr! :headpain:

dj..

• Like 1

@CaptainBonglington that's alright then, was just telling my mate he needs to get another license for his third rod, cant wait for him to ring me tomorrow, all sweating in a panic, the lady in the post office took over a bullseye off him for fishing! lol

dj...

eta g

Edited by *DJ*
  • Like 1