Bluetooth or Wifi speakers

Jimboo

Bluetooth or Wifi speakers i don't know the difference

For years I've been listening to a crappy little battery radio while in the bath but the reception seems to have gone to hell over the last few weeks (it's not the batteries)I want to buy a cheap speaker that i can leave in the bathroom but listen to what ever I'm listening to on my PC downstairs i have no idea if i need a wi-fi or Bluetooth,something i can just buy out of Argos or some other high street store .And how does it work ?Once it's set up If I'm listening to something on my PC can i just go into the bathroom and turn on the speaker? TIA

If your just using it in the house go for wi fi if you can as bluetooth will struggle through walls etc and as the distance increases. Once set up you should just be able to turn on and it will work but you know what modern technology's like. Argos do sell this stuff but as always you will probably get cheaper online :v:

• Like 1

i use a small bose wireless its awesome , sound quality is bang on but pricey

theres loads available cheaper tho , bristol company called mini rigs are great for the size

you really do get what you pay for with a speaker tho i think

most are bluetooth so aslong as your pc has bluetooth just connect the pair in the bluetooth setting and away you go

my bluetooth one works all over the house

Edited by monkeyfam
  • Like 1

If your just using it in the house go for wi fi if you can as bluetooth will struggle through walls etc and as the distance increases. Once set up you should just be able to turn on and it will work but you know what modern technology's like. Argos do sell this stuff but as always you will probably get cheaper online :v:

ta mate i only want something cheap,the convenience of just walking into Argos outweighs waiting on the postman in this case

i use a small bose wireless its awesome , sound quality is bang on but pricey

theres loads available cheaper tho , bristol company called mini rigs are great for the size

you really do get what you pay for with a speaker tho i think

most are bluetooth so aslong as your pc has bluetooth just connect the pair in the bluetooth setting and away you go

my bluetooth one works all over the house

ta mate but my days off expensive hi-fi are over i'll probably just knock it into the bath at some stage anyway

• Like 2

Just buy a big f*ck off speaker with a couple of 15" subs, crank it up so you can hear all around the house. Job done!! Might piss the neighbours off a little though.

• Like 6

Sonos is excellent - wifi

you can just have one speaker (S,M or L), or build up a system round the house. The single small speaker packs out some high quality noise.

you use your mobile/tablet as a controller and you can set different music in each room or have the whole place banging out the same track.

Very pricey though.

Lot of both types on fleabay, if you don't want to wait for the postie some sellers do a click and collect service from Argos.

Go for a lil bluetooth speaker m8, quite cheap good sound quality, mine is always with me so i hook it up to tablet when gardening or singin in the shower

Lot of both types on fleabay, if you don't want to wait for the postie some sellers do a click and collect service from Argos.

ta mate but honestly not really worried about quality after my crappy radio and i can walk into argos today and buy one for a £10er or a slash proof one for £15...but they all seem to be bluetooth

Go for a lil bluetooth speaker m8, quite cheap good sound quality, mine is always with me so i hook it up to tablet when gardening or singin in the shower

how easy is bluetooth to hook up i understand how to hookup wifi never hooked up bluetooth eta i think im asking can an idiot hook it up?

Edited by Jimboo

I've got a Bose sound link I use for at work, trumendous sound and battery life is amazing 8-10 hours easily.

Pricey mind but if you heard it next to cheap ones you'd know why.

In theory, wifi should offers a superior sound because Bluetooth compresses the music before it is sent.

I just bought a £15 Bush splash-proof Bluetooth one,and hooked it to my tablet ,much better sound than my radio

• Like 2

Buy any old speaker thats got an aux input on the back and a chromecast audio, just cast whatever you're listening to from your phone/PC to the device and it'll play through the speaker. Radio station apps like the BBC have chromecast support.

Go wi-fi :v:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was really impressed by the service at an electrical store lately. They had speakers plugged in and you could test them with tracks from your phone, or YouTube ,and the fella that sold me some speakers played them so loud the staff thought it was worthy of listening ,or at least less popular because they were looking over, smiling like kids . The salesman was a slick character though. I was choosing the next weird tracks to play for a few seconds at a time ,with strsnge intros and surprising sounds. Music changed the ambience for a few minutes I think .

The wireless speakers were poor in comparison to the cable with a jack end. They weren't good value for money. The ones I bought were OK ,they're wired . They don't last long though .Soon I'll treat myself to something better,without a plug lead ,just built into the wall .Can't trip then . I don't watch TV, at home ,so I'm justifying the spend and may need suggestions, please, or the help of an electrician and/or sound engineer !

• Like 1