Pinball

Boojum

We had a TOTAN (Tales of the Arabian Nights) for a couple of years in a small semi-detached house. The kids loved it, I loved it, the missus got a bit fed up of the music because of how long I played it for lol. Her favourite table is AFM (Attack from Mars) because of the jumping Martians. Real pinball is totally awesome when stoned!

If you donwload the free version of Pinball Arcade on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 or PS4 the free table you get is Tales of the Arabian Nights :) (or at least it was when I had it on the Xbox 360). Console pinball just isn't the same, but if you liked it, it's a nice bit of console nostalgia :)

Guest wurzel1970

hell yes..

been playing the silver ball since the 70s..

i remember the alien table very well..

bad cats..

twilight zone..

star wars..

star trek next generation..

creature from the black lagoon..

phantom of the opera..

guns n roses..

batman..

love it , love it.. love it..

its rare to find a good table in boozers now :(

Star Trek TNG is probably still my favourite. It was the first one I encountered that had so much stuff going on (and it did amuse me that if you tilted it had the sample of Worf saying "You are without honour." lol ). Sorry going over old ground of stuff I've posted before, Addams Family on speed when I was a student, getting the multiball and the organ music building up and building up and then "IT'S SHOWTIME." :D Lethal Weapon and Terminator in the pub down by the river in Chester, next to the scran (the arcade, which had Shinobi and Gauntlet, Spy Hunter and Wonder Boy, Robocop and Wardner, all of which I completed on 1 credit apart from Gauntlet, which was impossible). lol That's my early teens right there lol

lol I used to go swimming at Northgate Arena. Allegedly. What I really did was go inside, wave to my dad, then play Ghosts N Gobins and 1942, and then wet my hair under the tap when my dad came to pick me up lol Finishing Ghosts N Goblins on 1 credit is still probably my best videogame achievement lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

went to a pinball/video gaming expo recently near Manchester and they had about 100 pinball games all on free play. They had a great selection. The Jersey Jack machines were rammed all day in particular.

They also had similar number of 'classic' arcade games. quite a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...

I like pinball, when I had a van up the road, id fished along the east coast, between tides if they were open i used to go to a arcade in Walton on the naze that only had pinball machines, there was a small bar that sold coffee/tea, biscuits, crisps, kit kats and stuff, it also had sticky carpet and wrong damp smell, lol looked like it belonged in the 70s, it was always packed, even when it was quiet elsewhere along the front late in the season, its no often even now you see a machine that isn't being played, where ever it is.

dj...