Do you ever see a civil war or revolution starting in Europe?

EazyT99

It appears the big, old institutions are rotting from the inside out, look at the scandals over the past few years, the awareness is now blossoming, people generally used to have some level of trust in the police, the media,the church, football coaches, not any more. Hopefully, eventually, we may end up with a more human orientated world, frankly I'm fucking terrified of the journey to get there though...

• Like 2

I think war in Europe is more likely now we voted Brexit. I think global war is more likely since Trump was elected president. I think war is more likely when people turn back to isolationalism and the right wing. I think war is more likely when people start basing everything on the concept of "Us and them.".

I don't see a civil war happening soon in the UK or the US, everyone is watching the X-Factor or wandering around in a mobile phone, social media bubble. But I see a global war happening soon, everywhere is turning to the right, which will mean financial disaster for the poor (as it always has) coupled with nauseating nationalism. If that's not a recipe for war, I don't know what is.

Civil war ain't on the horizon, but World War 3 certainly is, and the more hold of politics the right wing get, the more certain it is. And while idiots who read the Sun or watch Fox News vote for the right, the closer armageddon comes.

• Like 1

Sorry, drunk rant.

But I'm sure some people would ask if I'm patriotic.

No.

I'm not.

Even sligtly.

I love this country. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else (despite our governments since Thatcher). I love having proper seasons - many countries don't. We have a proper spring, a proper summer, a proper autumn and a propr winter. I love that. I love cricket in summer on a village pitch between the posh people and the village workers. I love bonfire night. I love our natural reservedness, our awkward politeness. I love our literature.

I love the way that other people have become British. I love the way that we (well at least some of us) have accepted the fact that being 'Briitsh' doesn't mean a white bloke that was born and raised here.

I love my country, I love the best things about it :) I fucking hate the right wing shit, I hate the "Bloody foreigners." shit. I fucking HATE that shit. But apparently because I don't like it, I should fuck off somewhere else.

FUCK THAT, this is MY country too, a country I think should accept everyone. I'm not fucking leaving just because some right wing cunts seem to think they should control my country. I'm not going anywhere. This is MY country as much as yours, and I'm staying here. Fuck you, I'm going nowhere, this is MY country too.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 5

No, part of the war on terror was about showing people how totally and comprehensively the establishment can and will completely

demonise, dehumanise and destroy anything and any opposition that they like, the fact that groups as diverse as disability protesters to anti capitalist demonstrators can and are routinely described as extremists tells you what they wouldn't hesitate to do to the public,

seen it already with kettling, requests for water cannons, general police behaviour, establishments abroad will react in the exact same fashion.

• Like 3

Definitely tumultuous times ahead I reckon and most all of it ultimately down to technological advances, climate change and governments inability to keep up with either.

Jobs will continue to disappear and with something like 80% employed in the service sector throughout wealthy countries and I think that when technology begins to really displace workers from this sector, and governments don't respond with something like basic income, that's when the world will get turned upside down. Combine it with climate refugee's, disruption to agriculture, wars for resources etc.. and it's a scary prospect.

That, or restrictions based on wealth about who can recieve newly longevity treatments.

Those are my predictions for when and if we might see real global disruption.

• Like 4

There`s been plenty of revolutions in the previous century in Europe already, doesn`t take much more to push it into war.

But will we see it in this country, I`d have to say no I doubt it, we just don`t know how to do it, also like Hughie says, our government is/has been making preparations for quite some time, should we actually decide to switch off the tv, mind you, a power cut or two might make things turn out differently

Water canons that are technically illegal atm, missiles on top of tower blocks during the Olympics, anyone remember that crazy shit? I think our government would go to any lengths to maintain control...

• Like 2

The UK's intelligence services, the gathering of information on it's own citizens and the use of propaganda to subvert and break up any notion of change are amoungst the best in the world, most probably the best, they've had plenty of practice too and been doing for a bloody long time in one guise or another, at least since the French decided to eliminate their 'traditional bleeders' and most likely further back into the English Civil war. Keeping this nation as a one 'United Kingdom' has not been down to the varied cultures and history of the peoples of these islands, it's been 'forced' :yep:

I don't think the UK will ever have a civi war or revolution.Brits are too comfortable with what they got..Yeah they will complain to each other or on social media websites with memes..But the people are too damned lazy selfish to do anything about it.

In my opinion,if it's gonna happen anywhere I reckon it's gonna be somewhere like France,Germany or Sweden