Smaller, Faster, Better: Grasshopper Vaporizer Hits Europe

vapefiend

@ @vapefiend Just wanted to pen a few lines to pat you folks on the back for your exemplary customer service.

I ordered my Grasshopper yesterday at 2:55 which was only 5 mins before your postal deadline for the day,I think you guys must've  had it in the post half and hour later and it's sitting in front of me as I type.Being the brainiac I am,I didn't see the code box for my 420 discount so I phoned you guys and a refund was forthcoming.Thank you.

I do have 1 small question so I don't get any warranty issues.In the manual it comes with ,it's stated that I need to use a UL listed USB port which turns out to be a testing company called Underwriters Laboratories.I assume an equivalent mark here would be the CE European standard,but would appreciate some clarification of what's safe to use plug wise please ?

:smokin:

Gumbo

Edited by Gumbo
grr can't fix my shout to vapefiend
  • Like 1

Hi Gumbo, thanks so much for your support! I'm very glad that we got your Grasshopper out to you nice and quick.

Yes, a genuine CE certified USB adapter should be fine- but please be careful as we've seen very cheap chinese USB mains adapters which carry the CE mark, even though they most definitely would not pass CE certification

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Just a small update on my Grasshopper which has been on a small holiday since December 2017.Apparently there is a problem with a whole batch of them and it takes a whole fucking year to fix.

So,I bought the titanium one because I was impatient ,the steel ones were out of stock and my Pinnacle pro had broken.First mistake,it comes with a nice stainless steel section where the pen clip is and the clip itself looks  cheap and nasty as if made in some Chinese sweatshop factory,thus ruining any aesthetics the titanium was supposed to impart.

The taste is no where near as good as the Pinnacle but this is probably a convection vs conduction issue or some such,but sad given the Pinnacle isn't even rated.

It has a ring of blue lights close  to the mouthpiece to indicate readiness and to ensure that just in case you are in a country where it's illegal,the police will be instantly drawn to you in stealth mode outside the pub with a face lit up like a police beacon,really well thought out stuff there Hopper labs you useless shower of shit.

Communication from them has been non existent unless you count an endless stream of advertising emails urging me to buy their new mouthpiece,which apparently is equally well designed according to others comments I've read.

In short,just in case I'm not conveying my unhappiness,don't buy this or anything from Hopper Labs ....ever.They are total and utter cunts and not fit  to continue trading.

Apologies to put such invective in your sub forum Vapefiend as your customer support is second to none and I won't hesitate to buy from you again,just perhaps not another Grasshopper.

:wallbash::furious::wallbash::furious::wallbash:

Gumbo.

Edited by Gumbo
E2a a tag to Vapefiend which I can't seem to get to work anyway
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Gumbo, sorry to hear that your opinion of the Grasshopper changed so quickly!

If there is a fault with your unit please let us know via vapefiend.co.uk, we'd love to help you out.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

@Gumbo I was caught up in the same shit. They had mine for 8 or 9 months. 

When I got it back there was a clear issue with the switch, every now and again it takes up to 7 clicks to start up.

I just hope it survives until @vapefiend has the Splinter Z in stock, then I'll ship it back to Colorado for the third time.

I've been as charitable as possible to Hopper labs and I'm sure they'll sort themselves out in the end but I'd be reluctant to buy anything else from them until they have.

That said, I did buy the performance front end and find it really improves the experience.

• Like 1

I see so many people having trouble with their Grasshoppers. I have clearly been pretty lucky as to date (18 months and counting) nothing has gone wrong with mine. The only minor issue is sometimes the timer doesn't start so I have to turn it off manually. The interweb seems to be filled with stories of continued problems, long turn around times on repairs.

Have had my eye on the performance front end for sometime as that looks really useful for improving air flow. @vapefiend do you stock this as I don't like ordering from the US. Prefer not to have to go to the post office to pay customs charges.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, Son Of Dank said:

I see so many people having trouble with their Grasshoppers. I have clearly been pretty lucky as to date (18 months and counting) nothing has gone wrong with mine. The only minor issue is sometimes the timer doesn't start so I have to turn it off manually. The interweb seems to be filled with stories of continued problems, long turn around times on repairs.

Have had my eye on the performance front end for sometime as that looks really useful for improving air flow. @vapefiend do you stock this as I don't like ordering from the US. Prefer not to have to go to the post office to pay customs charges.

we certainly do

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/grasshopper-performance-front-end

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks. Order was shipped quickly and am loving the PFE. Certainly improves the airflow even if the aesthetic is a little worse.

• Like 1