NEW Campaign etc., etc, & signed

Bhang Buddie

I got this and thought I'd put it here as well and as I don't 'do' soshul mee ja (only on 420 time) can I ask that if YOU are, can you pass it around;

New campaign that’s fighting for the legalisation of medical cannabis in the UK.

'The campaign has got off to a flying start, but we need to keep up the momentum. That’s why we are asking for your help. If you can help with any or all of the following, it would be another great boost to the campaign.

Here goes:

1. If you are on social networks, please would you share the two most recent posts on our End Our Pain community Facebook page (www.facebook.com/EndOurPain) and tweet your support? Even if you’ve already done this, doing it again helps keep the momentum growing. Please include a direct plea for your friends and followers to actually sign up to the site www.endourpain.org – there are suggested ideas at the bottom of this email.

2. Please would you join the growing band of our supporters who have already clicked on https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/37765-end-our-pain-sign-up?locale=en to join in a twitter Thunderclap? This will coincide with the medical cannabis issue being featured on the popular ITV ‘soap’, Coronation Street tomorrow evening.

3. If you feel able, would you send an email to any friends, family or other contacts encouraging them to sign up to www.endourpain.org. There’s no need to mention your own personal circumstances unless you feel comfortable doing so. At the foot of this email is some suggested text that you might consider using.

Once again, thank you so much for your support. With the help of you and others, we’re determined to get the law changed so that doctors can prescribe cannabis to their patients when they judge that the patient will benefit.

Suggested tweet:

Join the campaign to legalise medical cannabis. Add your voice today. http://www.endourpain.org #EndOurPain via @End_Our_Pain

Suggested Facebook post:
People suffering from really severe illnesses including Multiple Sclerosis can’t legally be prescribed medical cannabis in the UK. The UK is increasingly out of step with the rest of the world. Canada, Israel, Mexico, Uruguay and over 20 States in the US regulate cannabis for medical use. Australia is in the process of doing so. In Europe, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Finland, Romania, and Switzerland all allow some degree of medical
access. Doesn’t seem fair to me. Just see the heart-breaking video on www.endourpain.org If you’re as moved as I was, please sign up and share. Patients not criminals.

Suggested email text
Hundreds of thousands of sick people with debilitating conditions including Multiple Sclerosis rely on cannabis for medical reasons. For them, it’s the only thing that eases their pain and suffering. But unlike in many US states and other countries across the world, access to medical cannabis in the UK is illegal. So these sick people are being forced to choose between breaking the law and easing their suffering.

I’ve just signed up to www.endourpain.org, the new campaign to change UK law so that doctors can prescribe cannabis when they judge that the
patient will benefit. I defy anyone to read Penny’s story on the EndOurPain Facebook page and Kieran’s video here: http://www.endourpain.org/ and not be moved. If you agree with me, that doctors should be able to prescribe cannabis in the UK, please add your support by signing up at www.endourpain.org. Every sign up makes the campaign stronger, so please take a minute to make your voice heard.

Cheers peeps and thanks if you can, Bom Shiva :oldtoker:

• Like 4

While I do agree that UK pharmacies should be able to fill cannabis prescriptions, it's a shame they aren't trying to establish a right to grow your own too.

Edited by Owderb
quote removed
  • Like 2