new camera please help!

Chester Copperpot

Complete newbie with cameras and I don't really know what I'm doing. Just bought a digital camera and I was expecting it to take a micro SD card. The bloke in the shop said it would. Just opened it up and there is a place for a memory card but it isn't a micro SD card. The slot is much bigger. This isn't good because my only way of working with this camera is actually with a micro SD card. Nothing else will do, I have no lap top or PC and intend on using it along with my phone which takes a micro SD. It says in the instructions it takes SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. No mention of Micro SD. Is there any way I can use a micro SD with some kind of holder for it? If I can't get to grips with this I'm afraid I'll be stuck with a brand new camera I can bloody use! Any help? Thanks.

Edited by Chester Copperpot

Dont panic you answered your own question mate you can get a SD card with a mirco sd slot init I have to use one to put my pics off my micro sd onto my pc lol and there cheap look in flebay lol

Hope this helped

Bless

• Like 2

You often get a SD to microSD card adaptor free when you buy a microSD card. eg kingston 16gb

Edited by Bird
  • Like 3

I know I just looked online lol

What a twat :doh:

Close or better still just delete this fuck up lol

Bird I didn't get one of them. Last micro I bought was off A'zon.

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 1

As above you get micro sd to sd cards, I would advise Kingston memory cards, good cards and reasonable.

Get a minimum of a class 10 card the higher the speed the better, min of 45mb/s i would say but if you can get something around the 90mb/s even better.

• Like 3

As above you get micro sd to sd cards, I would advise Kingston memory cards, good cards and reasonable.

Get a minimum of a class 10 card the higher the speed the better, min of 45mb/s i would say but if you can get something around the 90mb/s even better.

That's just gibberish to me mate but I'll go with it and look at Kingston :yep:

• Like 1

That's just gibberish to me mate but I'll go with it and look at Kingston :yep:

It's to do with the speed the picture data can be written onto the card, like transfer time, so if you take a burst of a few photos it lets you take a longer burst with the higher speed card.

I used a shitty class 4 card one day as the others were full and it was a nightmare, could only take 2-3 picture burst and then it would be like nearly a minute before I could take another photo because it took so long to transfer the data to the card.

Now I use a minimum of 90mb/s cards.

Edited by ELO
  • Like 1